Full-size photos mere thumbnails in Internet Explorer?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Slider, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Slider
    Chat with Me

Slider Well-Known Member

Hey, I use Firefox, but sometimes I'll copy/paste the address of a forum thread into Internet Explorer just to see how the fonts, photos, etc., look in a different browser. Well, to my horror, all the pics I've been posting as full photos on the forum (using Firefox) are showing up as mere thumbnails in IE, such that you have to click on each of them to see them at normal size. This can really throw off your post's layout/alignment, and make reading threads extremely tedious and time-consuming.

Thing is, I'm not alone - a lot of people's photos are apparently showing up this way in IE - if the following thread is any indication. Try opening/viewing the link below in IE, and see whether you get thumbnails or full-sized pics, then try it in Firefox or some other browser:

http://www.bunnyranch.com/forum/index.php?threads/name-that-movie.40999/

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  2. Slider
    Chat with Me

Slider Well-Known Member

A-ha! You have to be logged in on whatever browser you're using, in order to see everything at full size. You can still apparently see some at full size, but those just seem to be photos on the web that you've posted with the little "add an image" button. If you instead clicked "upload a file" (from your computer), those will all get squashed down to thumbnail size if the viewer isn't logged in to the forum.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  3. PhoenixRising
    Chat with Me

PhoenixRising Well-Known Member

Firefox wuts firefox??? I've seen the symbol but not quite sure how it all woks I'm still verrrry new to computer stuff lol