ABC Movie Game!

Discussion in 'Games' started by JerseyBunnyFan, Jul 16, 2017.

1. origlegman
    Chat with Me

origlegman Well-Known Member

Once Upon a Time in the West :cool: [smilie=hi ya!.gif]

2. LOVE AT FIRST BITE WITH GEORGE HAMILTON AND I CAN'T REMEMBER THE GIRL'S NAME FUNNY RIDICULOUS HAMILTON AT HIS BEST IF THAT'S POSSIBLE WITH THAT GUY

3. origlegman
    Chat with Me

Patriot Games :cool: [smilie=hi ya!.gif]

4. Words and Music, early John Wayne picture where he was still listed as Duke Morrison he sang he danced he had a top hat you would have thought he was a very bad Fred Astaire

5. origlegman
    Chat with Me

Quantum of Solace :cool: [smilie=hi ya!.gif]

6. origlegman
    Chat with Me

Just a reminder, this is an alphabetical response thread of movie titles.

7. Return of the Living Dead. I guess this is a kind of horror/comedy, although it scared the hell out of eleven-year-old me back in '85. It's most notable for being the very first zombie movie to postulate that the living dead craved human brains, and it also gave a reason why.

"I can feel myself rot." ~ 1/2 Woman Zombie

"Eating brains... How does that make you feel?" ~ Ernie Kaltenbrunner

"It makes the pain, go away!" ~ 1/2 Woman Zombie

Return of the Living Dead.jpg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    origlegman likes this.
  8. origlegman
    Chat with Me

She’s Out of My League :cool: [smilie=hi ya!.gif]

9. Tao of Steve. This is a really enjoyable, independent, romantic comedy. It centers around a guy named Dex who works part-time as a pre-school teacher, loves philosophy, is dangerously overweight, and is a master at seducing women. Inevitably, the one woman he truly loves does not love him, in this case because they slept together in college, and he never called her again. I really love this movie.

"Look at me. Look at me, okay? Technically, I shouldn't be getting laid, but I do. And do you know why, Dave? Because when I'm hanging out with a woman, that's all I'm doing is hanging out, talking, listening. I'm not sitting there thinking about how to get in bed with her. And this completely confuses them because they're saying 'Wait a minute. I'm so much better looking than this guy. Isn't he attracted to me?' The basic principle: We pursue that which retreats from us." ~ Dex

Tao of Steve.jpg

Natasha Star likes this.
  10. Natasha Star
    Chat with Me

Natasha Star Starlet of the Year! I put passion in compassion

Unbroken

[smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

11. TRAIL OF TEARS, INSIPID TALEOF GUILT BY THE WHITE MAN OF THIS COUNTRY SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN MADE IT'S RIDICULOUS IT MAKES THE INDIAN SEEM LIKE THAT THEY WERE PERFECT AND THEY WERE BLOODTHIRSTY AND VILLAINOUS EVEN TO EACH OTHER

12. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

BigAlbowski Well-Known Member

Victor/Victoria [smilie=happy.gif]

13. War Wagon. This is a lighthearted John Wayne movie with Kirk Douglas and Keenan Wynne. Wayne, having just been released from prison for a crime he didn't commit, plans to rob an armed and armored stage coach owned by the man who framed him (and stole his ranch).

"Have you taken a look lately at the cemetery in Emmett? There's a bunch of cheap wooden crosses in one corner all kind of crowded in together. That's the tribute to the last fools who tried to stop The War Wagon. Like facts? A dollar fifteen for the casket, twelve cents for the crosses - Pierce foots the bill. A dollar twenty seven seems a poor price for a man's life - especially mine." ~ Lomax

War Wagon.jpg

Natasha Star and Lily Poole like this.
  14. origlegman
    Chat with Me

Xanadu :cool: [smilie=hi ya!.gif]

15. Yesterday. I have to admit, I haven't seen this, but I've heard of it, and I needed a "Y" movie.

"After falling ill, Yesterday learns that she is HIV positive. With her husband in denial and young daughter to tend to, Yesterday's one goal is to live long enough to see her child go to school." ~ IMDB Description

Yesterday.jpg

16. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
    [​IMG]

17. Appaloosa. A fine post-Unforgiven western directed by Ed Harris, based on a book (one of a series) by Robert B. Parker. I really liked the movie, and it seems it was something of a labor of love for Harris.

"Everett, we've been together now a while. Can't exactly say how long, but long. Ain't anybody I'd rather do this work with. You're as good as anybody I've seen, except maybe the Shelton boys and me. The reason you ain't as good as the Sheltons or me ain't got nothing to do with steady or fast or fortuitous. The reason the above-named folks are better than you is because you got feelings." ~ Virgil Cole to Everett Hitch

Appaloosa.jpg

18. origlegman
    Chat with Me

Blown Away :cool: [smilie=hi ya!.gif]

19. Natasha Star
    Chat with Me

Natasha Star Starlet of the Year! I put passion in compassion

Cats & Dogs

20. Dune. David Lynch's big screen adaptation of Frank Herbert's novel didn't do well in its day, but has become something of a cult classic. I'm a member of that particular cult. While the book, is, of course, much better than the movie, it was the movie that turned me on to the book.

"A beginning is a very delicate time. Know then, that it is the year 10191. The known universe is ruled by the Padisha Emperor Shaddam IV, my father. In this time, the most precious substance in the Universe is the spice melange. The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel. The Spacing Guild and its navigators, who the spice has mutated over four-thousand years, use the orange spice gas, which gives them the ability to fold space. That is, travel to any part of the Universe without moving. Oh yes, I forget to tell you. The spice exists on only one planet in the entire Universe. A desolate, dry planet with vast deserts. Hidden away within the rocks of these deserts are a people known as the Fremen, who have long held a prophecy, that a man would come, a messiah, who would lead them to true freedom. The planet is Arrakis. Also known as Dune." ~ Princess Irulan

Dune Poster.jpg

BigAlbowski and Lily Poole like this.
  21. origlegman
    Chat with Me

Enemy at the Gates :cool: [smilie=hi ya!.gif]

22. F/X - I used to really like this movie, although it doesn't exactly hold up particularly well. Brian Dennehy gives a good performance though.

[​IMG]

Nicodemus Legend likes this.
  23. John N Ga
    Chat with Me

John N Ga Well-Known Member

George of the Jungle...………………………………………………………………………………………..

24. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster.
    Ghidorah_the_Three-Headed_Monster_1965.jpg

25. Hancock. Will Smith plays a rather surly superhero in this bitter-sweet story. This starts out as a comedy, but becomes more serious as it goes on.

"If you don't give yourselves up quietly, I swear to Christ, your head is going up the driver's ass, his head is going up your ass, and you drew the short stick, cause your head is going up my ass!" ~ Hancock

Hancock.jpg

26. origlegman
    Chat with Me

In the Heat of the Night :cool: [smilie=hi ya!.gif]

27. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

Just like Heaven
    [​IMG]

BigDaddy76 likes this.
  28. BigDaddy76
    Chat with Me

BigDaddy76 Well-Known Member

Kailfornia...............................

29. origlegman
    Chat with Me

L. A. Confidential :cool: [smilie=hi ya!.gif]

30. My Science Project. A fun '80's sci-fi/comedy about a kid who needs to complete a science project in order to graduate high school, and steals what turns out to be an engine from a crashed U.F.O. Hijinks ensue when the engine activates, and opens a rift in space at time at the local high school. The theme song was done by a one-hit-wonder band called The Tubes, who are best known for a song called "She's a Beauty." Dinosaurs, post-apocalyptic mutants, cave men, Dennis Hopper... This movie has it all!

"Danger makes great sex. Catch you guys later!" ~ Vince Latello

My Science Project Poster.jpg

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  31. origlegman
    Chat with Me

Never Give a Sucker an Even Break :cool: [smilie=hi ya!.gif]

32. Open Season ........................
    Alice-Little-9-10-2018-36s.jpg

33. origlegman
    Chat with Me

(The) Postman Always Rings Twice :cool:[smilie=hi ya!.gif]

34. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

Quiet Days in Hollywood
    220px-Quiet_Days_in_Hollywood.jpg

35. origlegman
    Chat with Me