Habits with Roxy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoxyGold, Mar 26, 2019.

1. We’ve all got ‘em. Good habits, bad habits, they’re part of what makes us human. Since we are all friends here on the board, let’s share innocuous little things that we can’t help but do all the time :)

2. I bob my head and flail or clap my hands a lot when I talk about something I’m excited or happy about. :)

3. I have a massive oral fixation. I chew my nails, smoke (another bad habit in itself, I know), open things with my teeth, chew on pens and pencils. Sigmund Freud would have a field day with my career choice based on something that comes so naturally :)

Perseus and RunningSquirrel like this.
  4. grizzly
    Chat with Me

grizzly Well-Known Member

I get excited about a topic and my voice raises. My boss continually tells me I am a loudmouth and I need to find my indoor voice. They have heard me in the basement of the cellhouse I work in and I am on the 3rd floor.

I tend to spend lots of money, usually on others and not myself, in other word I have a bad habit of putting others needs before my own.

That is all I can think of right now..

DesertRose likes this.
  5. Thanks for sharing! I’ve been known to get loud myself, hehe :)

RunningSquirrel and grizzly like this.
  6. isurfer
    Chat with Me

isurfer Well-Known Member

I don't know if it is a habit or just a personality trait of mine for many (60?) years, but I am lazy, a procrastinator (I wait until the last minute to get things done, right now I haven't done my income taxes), and I am often tardy. I've missed airline flights before for business meetings, I don't make appointments at the ranch because even if I can set a specific date for a party, I probably wouldn't be there "on time" and that could piss off some ladies that are punctual and expect the same. Another habit, I can't remember ever reading a book from cover to end in one sitting or course of a few days without branching out into something else that distracts me. Probably 99% of the books that I have (a couple of thousand probably in the library) I have never completely read. I'm a poor reader, bad retention along with not being able to remember the names of a lot of the ranch ladies. I have read "Shogun" many times, but the book is so long that when I read it again, there are always parts of the book that are new to me because I didn't remember it from reading it previously. Reading the words but not thinking about the meaning or context. I barely got by in school reading textbooks, and I'm glad some of the previous students were good at highlighting some of the important parts when I got their textbooks.

7. I am always loud even when I dont try to be lol

8. I admire and adore how relaxed and easygoing you are, and how understanding you can be when a Ranch lady you are interested in might become suddenly unavailable when an illness or emergency would happen. I guess the flip side to that is being a bit more on the lazy side, so I’ll take it. <3 :)

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  9. grizzly
    Chat with Me

Your welcome!
    So care to prove how loud you are hehe! maybe a contest to see who is louder[smilie=happy.gif]

DesertRose likes this.
  10. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

One habit that I have actually shaken is when asked to do something, I would go and perform said task without knowing what knowing what I was supposed to do coz I didn’t stick around to hear the whole thing. Fortunately, I don’t do this anymore, but I still don’t retain everything.

Another bad habit I have...making jokes at really bad times.

11. auron79
    Chat with Me

auron79 Well-Known Member

I also tend to use a lot of hand gestures when I'm excited about something.
    Whenever I play a Role Playing Game I really like I tend to forget about time and next thing I know I'm getting very little sleep. LOL

DesertRose and Old Nick like this.
  12. "Sigmund Freud? What team does he play for?"
    Making dumb jokes out of anything is my habit--probably more of a defensive reflex or behavior. An ex-girlfriend said it was how I avoided being serious about anything. She was right.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    FumbleNutts and Perseus like this.
  13. I'm overly organized, systematical not to the point where its OCD and keeps me from doing my duties, but everyone always comments nothing is out of place.
    I always have a ball point pen with me and when I'm lost in thought or anxious I click it. Meetings sometimes can be interesting when I'm attending LOL

Perseus likes this.
  14. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Final Fantasy?

I downloaded FF VII on my Switch recently.

auron79 likes this.
  15. grizzly
    Chat with Me

Double post: silly phone[smilie=hi ya!.gif]:p

16. MistyLane
    Chat with Me

MistyLane Party starter at Sagebrush Ranch

I talk with my hands way too much lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

17. auron79
    Chat with Me

auron79 Well-Known Member

Red Dead Redemption 2 and Persona 5 right now.
    Final Fantasy 7 is awesome. Still looking forward to the remake.

Old Nick likes this.
  18. randyryder
    Chat with Me

randyryder Pure heart with a dirty mind!

Some of the smartest people are procrastinators. I read an article that procrastinators actually find the best solution to a problem in the quickest amount of time.

-Pure heart with a dirty mind,
    Randy Ryder

Sharky, Perseus and RunningSquirrel like this.
  19. StevenL
    Chat with Me

StevenL Well-Known Member

You know, I don't have any fun bad habits anymore. I quit smoking, have only had a couple of drinks in the last 5 years...Im down to weed being about the extent of them. Bad bad habits I still have a ton of. Talk too softly, pick at my fingers, avoid people like my life depends on it. I need to come up with a new fun bad habit to balance myself out again

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

20. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

TiredFrog Well-Known Member

I'm painfully shy and use humor to deflect people getting close to me.

DesertRose likes this.
  21. I’m pretty boring too, so it’s okay :)

22. Quick wit is a great skill to have, unless the other person doesn’t get the joke :)

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  23. StevenL
    Chat with Me

StevenL Well-Known Member

Uh...boring? You remember I've met you, right?

;)

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

24. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I’m playing Zelda: Breath Of The Wild. I love that game.

auron79 likes this.
  25. FumbleNutts
    Chat with Me

FumbleNutts Well-Known Member

Let's see, when it comes to LPIN:
    - I wear Hanes underwear for a party :D
    - Take multiple showers, and brush the hell outta my teeth
    - Blast some Floyd or Zeppelin en route :p

Otherwise:
    - Always honk when driving through a town with someone I know :)
    - Never let my gas gauge fall too far below half
    - Never carry 3 loose dollar bills (I don't swing that'a way :eek::D)

Perseus and RunningSquirrel like this.
  26. You are truly a Class Act, @FumbleNutts !

FumbleNutts likes this.
  27. Can't say no to a beautiful woman. Probably not the best place to be admitting this. =)

28. Perseus
    Chat with Me

Perseus Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is a "good" habit or a "bad" habit.

When I turn onto Highway 50 from I-580 headed to the cul-de-sac, I wait until I see the Classy Seconds * Shop on the right, then I roll down the window and yell "RANCH RUN"

* Not sure if it was called Classy Seconds when I first heard about it, because mainly I recognize the building.
    I use that as a marker for a ranch run because it reminds me of a conversation I had with @DesertRose about being a clothes horse (ironically, we were sans clothes at the time of the conversation).

29. Perseus
    Chat with Me

Perseus Well-Known Member

Jeez, @isurfer , you still have 2 weeks to get those taxes done, what's the rush?

Excellent observation Randy. I knew there must be a good reason, uuhhh, excuse, for being a procrastinator.

30. Sure you can! But only if the question is “Do you have scrawny measly biceps?” Since the answer is “NO WAY, I need to register these guns!” :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2019
    Bigfoot! likes this.
  31. When you get three dollars and some change back from a register, what do you do with one of them? :)

FumbleNutts likes this.
  32. FumbleNutts
    Chat with Me

FumbleNutts Well-Known Member

That's fine, as long as I have a one on me :) Change is irrelevant ;) Have you ever notice me at the bar put an extra one for a tip, even if I've left one already? :D If there's 3 loose dollar bills on my person, one's gonna leave me real quick - Bad Luck :eek:

33. Oh okay! I’m a big believer in making your own luck, so keep on doing what’s right for you! ;)

FumbleNutts likes this.
  34. That’s a pretty good marker! :)

Perseus likes this.
  35. DesertRose
    Chat with Me

DesertRose Renaissance Lady's Rendezvous!

Bad habit that I have is seeing chocolates in candy dish and always eating more then 1 a day. Something I'll be working on now.

Old Nick and auron79 like this.