Inactive Threads

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kevinz0071, Jul 22, 2017.

1. kevinz0071
    Chat with Me

kevinz0071 Well-Known Member

Is there a way that if nobody has posted for a certain amount of time the topic can just go into an archive file. This would stop some of the thread spamming and bumping frenzy that is going on. Topics from2015,2016 getting bumped

Kasey Black, Niceguy Eddie and kmoney like this.
  2. greeneyedude
    Chat with Me

greeneyedude Well-Known Member

Wait two years and see if anyone bumps this thread. Lol

sonja likes this.
  3. wrb55rosco
    Chat with Me

wrb55rosco Well-Known Member

Kevin:
    We still have some from 2008!

Docrocker and kmoney like this.
  4. kevinz0071
    Chat with Me

kevinz0071 Well-Known Member

My point exactly they could create an archive file where people could still go read them if they want to. The technology exists people

kmoney likes this.
  5. isurfer
    Chat with Me

isurfer Well-Known Member

I archive threads that are 8 months or so old once a month that are in the 6 ranch forums and in the general discussion forum and in the games forum. I've been doing this for several years now. Must be other forums that you are talking about. I don't mess with Dennis' forum, I have no idea what he wants to keep, have in mind, and he has moderator privileges to move or delete anything he wants to. Always been a hands off policy and keeping the Real Life Ranch Reports treads to look at. Any other forums, contact me via PM. I'm at Sagebrush right now since Tuesday, so might be here and not on the computer until Saturday. Next week I will archive more threads at the beginning of the month. Moderators have access to the Archive, not the general public. Currently there are 489,590 posts and 27,831 threads in the Archive.

I've added the BunnyBlogs threads moved to the archive for 8 months of inactivity.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    sonja, kmoney, Docrocker and 2 others like this.
  6. Thank you for all you do, surfer! Xoxo you are appreciated!

isurfer and kmoney like this.
  7. PhoenixRising
    Chat with Me

PhoenixRising Well-Known Member

yeah I would say no longer than 3 years and then have something showing that we to have an archive Just incase people still need to see more because a lot of our...wait are you referring to threadst from our viewers or threads us girls???

8. PhoenixRising
    Chat with Me

and yes you are more than helpful Surfer thank you [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

9. PhoenixRising
    Chat with Me

10. CherryLane
    Chat with Me

CherryLane ❤️ Cherry Lane ~ Lover of the Year 2018 ❤️

Great job Isurfer![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]
    You are appreciated in every way! xoxo

11. You are such a wicked boy! Love it! :p

12. greeneyedude
    Chat with Me

greeneyedude Well-Known Member

Took u 8 months to respond lol

And thanks, I think

Btw wicked boys sometimes get spanked

13. Maybe those old threads might have some useful information, they shouldn’t be deleted in my humble opinion hehe