Eclipse 2024 Date?

Discussion in 'World Famous BunnyRanch Forum (Carson City)' started by CamiParker, Apr 5, 2024.

1. CamiParker
    Chat with Me

CamiParker America’s Sweetheart

Good morning everyone!!

Soooo I’m honestly a big nerd about a few different topics, and one of them is space, and the moon in particular. I love the moon so much, and think it’s so special because everyone in the world is looking at the same moon, and so many at the same time (given various time zones etc obviously, we can’t all look at it at the same time) admiring her beauty and radiance.

That being said, I’m so excited for the Solar Eclipse coming up on the 8th! According to my research, the best time to view it will be between 11am and 12pm. It won’t be as stunning for us as it will for many lucky people (see photo for prediction of how it will appear from our region) but I’m still really really excited for it, and would love a viewing date with someone who’s equally excited (or just curious, and doesn’t mind me being overly excited and nerding out a little bit lol)

I have a very nice private open patio in my room with very comfy furniture perfect for 2 people to snuggle up and experience something historic together! Please reach out if you’re able and willing to join me for this special date!!

Alternatively, if you’re not available, I also really love the stars at night, and being here is always such a treat for me, as I almost never get to see stars besides one or two very bright ones in my daily life as I live in a big city with lots and lots of light pollution, so they’re almost never visible. So if anyone would do a star gazing date with me, that would make me super happy too!!!

Hope to hear from you, as watching the eclipse alone seems like it would be less special
    IMG_3598.png typorama.png

2. i am excited for the eclipse too. Some people are traveling to get the best view but im stuck at home!

CamiParker likes this.
  3. CamiParker
    Chat with Me

I know!!! If I weren’t here I’d definitely be going somewhere with a better view!

4. I will be at home in New Orleans to watch the eclipse over the Gulf of Mexico <3 Definitely been missing home

CamiParker likes this.
  5. CamiParker
    Chat with Me

typorama.png
    Omg you’re so lucky!! That should be incredible viewing!!

6. I’m heading to the totality zone in Akron Ohio with my oldest and dearest friend. I hope the weather cooperates.

Make sure you have eclipse glasses or you really won’t see much difference from a normal day.

CamiParker likes this.
  7. AudreyAllen
    Chat with Me

AudreyAllen Well-Known Member

I love surreal experiences like eclipses

CamiParker likes this.
  8. CamiParker
    Chat with Me

That sounds like it will be amazing!! Good for you, and thanks for the tip!! typorama.png

9. CamiParker
    Chat with Me

typorama.png
    Well, maybe if nobody wants to book a date to view it with us we can watch it together? Or better yet, maybe we can get a nice gent to book a double date with us!

10. AudreyAllen
    Chat with Me

AudreyAllen Well-Known Member

I can't believe that I got to see it in person today with Stacy's special shades. Thanks to Nancy, Cami and Alice telling me to go outside for a look

CamiParker likes this.
  11. EllieAmes
    Chat with Me

EllieAmes Sinfully Delicious

I had the opportunity to see it earlier today and it was amazing!!!! I'm also a big nerd lol! [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

CamiParker likes this.
  12. CamiParker
    Chat with Me

I’m so glad we were able to find you!! It really was cool to see, kind of like a crescent moon!! Next time I’m going to travel somewhere where we will get the full “lights out” eclipse!
    typorama.png

13. CamiParker
    Chat with Me

We need to find a like minded gent and have a sexy nerd girls party! How fun would that be?? Multiple Orgasms + Random Scientific Facts! lol

typorama.png

EllieAmes likes this.
  14. EllieAmes
    Chat with Me

EllieAmes Sinfully Delicious

Now that would be fun lol! [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

CamiParker likes this.
  15. I flew from my home in Illinois out to Philadelphia to pick up my best friend. We drove out to Akron, Ohio and got to see a total eclipse. It was dark enough that the street lights came on, but not night time dark. The light conditions were sort of like dusk when there is a big storm coming in and lots of thick dark clouds. During those two minutes it was safe to look at the sun and you could see basically a burning red ring in the sky.

CamiParker likes this.
  16. CamiParker
    Chat with Me

Oh wow!! That sounds incredible, and a little bit eerie! Did it only last for the 2 minutes? Did you get any photos?

typorama.png

17. IMG_3516.jpeg IMG_3517.jpeg
    Totality — the part where the moon completely covered the sun — only lasted 2 minutes. I got some pictures of the sun, but they did not turn out well. It looks sort of like a picture of the full moon.

Here are some pictures I took of the area during totality. You can get a sense of what the light conditions were like

CamiParker likes this.
  18. CamiParker
    Chat with Me

Oh wow!! That’s super cool!! Thanks so much for sharing!! I really appreciate it. I so wish we got more of the effect here, but I have a best friend in Dallas that sent me some really cool photos of it. I think my lizard brain might get panicky if it went fully dark like that in the middle of the day, even though my logical brain understands why lol

typorama.png