Nevada Day Parade

Discussion in 'World Famous BunnyRanch Forum (Carson City)' started by tahoebigbear, Oct 26, 2023.

1. tahoebigbear
    Chat with Me

tahoebigbear Well-Known Member

I remember that Dennis always enjoyed having some Bunnies in the Nevada Day Parade...some rode in the old English Taxi or the Limousine and some walked along side. they always got a lot cheers along the route....after all this is Nevada. Will they be at this years parade Saturday October 27th?

2. This is something we won't be doing as a group, but I'd love going as an outdate!!

LolaLaBella and tahoebigbear like this.
  3. tahoebigbear
    Chat with Me

thanks for letting us know...hope you get an outdate to the parade. I wont be able to make the parade this year as well...

NicoBradley likes this.
  4. Thank you! Maybe next year my love.

5. I had to Google this but I guess Nevada Day is a holiday celebrating Nevada’s admission as the 38th state in October 31, 1864.

You Johnny come latelies out there in the Wild West. I come from Delaware, we were first and proud of it. But I don’t remember any annual celebrations of this. One of my earliest memories came from 1987 when I was in first grade. Our school had an assembly celebrating Delaware is bicentennial. I have almost no memory of that although I will be around 56 years old when we celebrate our sestercentennial in 14 years.

6. tahoebigbear
    Chat with Me

Nevada was the 36th State of the United States

7. Blech. I guess I need to read more closely before I start trash talking.

8. Well the NV Day Parade is a really big thing to many of us locals. We park RV’s and camp along the route all weeekend. We share foods and fun & music. We visit with friends and family and biz owners. We party our buns off! The kids are free to to frolic on their own on bikes and skateboards & such. We set up camps along the parade route. The parade itself is super unique to Nevada as it includes our Butning Man Morph Vehicles too. It’s just an absolute super fun blast IMO. You can bet I was there and had so much fun too! I think it is very unfortunate that the BunnyRanch is no longer in the Nevada Day Parade. Real Nevadans are quite proud of us.

Boggsy and tahoebigbear like this.
  9. I'm actually a little envious. We don't really do anything like that in Delaware. We were one of the original 13 colonies so, although Delaware was the first state to ratify the Constitution, we weren't really the first state in a true sense. Rather, the United States came into existence in 1789 with 13 states simultaneously being admitted to the new country. You guys though, you got to join all on your own on the date of October 31st 1864.

10. Lincoln needed our wealth from the Comstock Load for his civil war effort. That’s why we are the “Battle Born” State.

tahoebigbear likes this.
  11. He also figured the industrialized nature of the state would get more votes. All that let you get in despite not meeting the residency requirements. Surprising too that the people of Nevada got to vote in the 1864 election though, since you became a state less than a week prior. Maybe there was no popular vote and it just sent electors. You know, there was no nationwide popular vote for president anywhere until about 1820.

I vaguely remember hearing about the Comstock Lode in 8th grade history class and I remember that the name lodged in my brain since 1994, although it was devoid of context and I quickly forgot what it meant.

12. Baby.

Bottom line.

In politics …. Money talks…

and there are shenanigans on both sides of the aisle when it comes to elections....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2023
    tahoebigbear likes this.
  13. Nevada Day was so much fun! I hope we become more involved next year.. Maybe we could set up a booth or be in the parade again!

14. LolaLaBella
    Chat with Me

LolaLaBella Well-Known Member

Crossing our fingers that they resume the bunny ranch float in the near future!

15. Boggsy and tahoebigbear like this.