What's your fall traditions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by James Media, Nov 3, 2023.

1. As the leaves start to turn brilliant shades of red, orange, and yellow, and that familiar chill laces the air, it's the perfect time to embrace those beloved fall traditions. Whether you're a pumpkin spice latte aficionado, a leaf-peeping enthusiast, or a Halloween fanatic, fall brings its own set of traditions that warm our hearts and excite our senses.

I'd love to hear about your cherished fall traditions! What are the things you look forward to every year as the season changes?

For me, there's nothing like taking long hikes through the forest, listening to the satisfying crunch of fallen leaves beneath my boots. And let's not forget about apple picking, which always leads to homemade pies and crisp autumn evenings.

So, what about you? Do you have any special traditions for fall? Perhaps a favorite fall recipe, a haunted house you visit every year, or a scenic drive to see the changing foliage? Share your fall traditions and make our collective autumn experience even more colorful and delightful!

My own tradition for fall is to drive through Genoa and see all the trees turn color and also out in reno around the riverwalk area.

JamieJupiter and KatrinaJeanne like this.
  2. Lunch Buffett
    Chat with Me

Lunch Buffett Well-Known Member

My tradition is to watch the Canadian Geese fly south for the winter. :rolleyes:

JamieJupiter likes this.
  3. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

BigAlbowski Well-Known Member

4. Watch the Wizard of Oz around Thanksgiving and drink as much EggNog as I can in two months before it’s taken off the selves until next year lol IMG_9787.jpeg IMG_9788.jpeg

JamieJupiter and ROADRUNNER J like this.
  5. I always know its fall when I "put the raised beds to sleep"- this is when we plant a cover crop to make sure there's plenty of nitrogen in the soil for the next growing season. Nothing says fall like a pumpkin harvest, planting garlic, and making the last fresh apple pies of the season. Fall is so much fun in Nevada- time to inventory all your ski and snowboarding gear and get ready for another great season of snow sports. And of course- lots of apple cider! Hope that you guys are all having a fantastic fall.

JamieJupiter likes this.
  6. My favorite tradition is in September 22 my 41st birthday

JamieJupiter likes this.
  7. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Jim DiGriz Well-Known Member

I'm in the Midwest, where we have the leaves from the trees fall onto the lawn and cover it in a thick blanket. You can use a leaf blower to get them to the curb, which is efficient. But if you use a rake, you scrape the earth while you move the leaves. The resultant perfume is one that you only get at that time of year, so you have to take it in with deep breaths. Then when you're done you can look at the pile with the satisfaction that you got it done before the first snow.

JamieJupiter likes this.
  8. EllieAmes
    Chat with Me

EllieAmes Sinfully Delicious

I don't really do much for the fall season besides deep cleaning the house and I rotate my spring/summer belongs to storage and out comes the fall/winter stuff. I usually wait until a big snow then stay snowed in with hot cocoa, warm blankets, and movies!

JamieJupiter likes this.
  9. JamieJupiter
    Chat with Me

JamieJupiter Classic Italian Beauty

I'm with @EllieAmes . Deep clean, rotate clothes, blankets, cookware. Make sure pantry is stocked. Check in with my hunter buddies to remind them I have freezer space and find out who pulled which tags. I usually switch my home fragrances from fruity floral to mint, pine, or bay leaf. I get my pot luck recipes together (lots more of these kind of parties in the fall). I like to settle down with coffee with chocolate in it, a pile of yarn, and a romantic comedy while I mad crochet pot holders and hats to give as Christmas gifts.

EllieAmes likes this.
  10. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Jim DiGriz Well-Known Member

I don't know your tastes, but a series that's appealing to a broad cross-section of the country is Monk. Interesting, generally light-hearted, and with good writing and acting.

EllieAmes likes this.
  11. EllieAmes
    Chat with Me

EllieAmes Sinfully Delicious

Ok I will check it out! Thanks for sharing