Who are my fellow gamers?

Discussion in 'Sagebrush Ranch Carson City Forum' started by HollyBean, Jan 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. HollyBean
    Chat with Me

HollyBean Cajun Muse @ Sagebrush Ranch until 2/15/22

Seaux... Do I have any fellow gamers on here? What are your favorite platforms and games? What are you playing right now? I'll go first!

Favorite platform: Hands down... Game Cube (I'm nostalgic like that)
    Favorite game: I have a few. Animal Crossing, Zelda Windwaker, Pokemon Go, Halo (love sticky bombs), Grand Theft Auto (Miami), Splinter Cell, Mortal Kombat, Mario Kart & Super Smash Bros. Meley
    Playing right now: Pokemon Go & Animal Crossing Pocket Camp

2. gLip5
    Chat with Me

gLip5 Well-Known Member

Fav all time platform: N64
    Fav Game: Mario Kart, Mario Party, MK, Madden, NBA 2K Series, CoD, Diablo 1-3
    Playing Right Now: NBA 2K22, CoD Warzone (Now Pacific), Diablo 3, Animal Crossing

HollyBean likes this.
  3. HollyBean
    Chat with Me

What are you playing Animal Crossing on? I'm so out of the loop on what's current after a few years hiatus.

4. gLip5
    Chat with Me

gLip5 Well-Known Member

Im playing it on the Nintendo Switch. I just got back into it after taking about a year or so off from it.

HollyBean likes this.
  5. HollyBean
    Chat with Me

Sweet! Did you play the original Animal Crossing?

6. gLip5
    Chat with Me

gLip5 Well-Known Member

I did not. I got it cause I kept hearing all this hype about it.

HollyBean likes this.
  7. HollyBean
    Chat with Me

I used to play it till I fell asleep, lol. My character would be found going in circles cause I'd slept with my remote in hand lol.

8. gLip5
    Chat with Me

gLip5 Well-Known Member

lol, that is too funny.

I spent alot of weekends hanging with friends playing Mario Kart and Mario Party.

HollyBean likes this.
  9. HollyBean
    Chat with Me

OMG! All of my 20's were spent playing Super Smash Bros with friends! Too much fun!

10. Lunch Buffett
    Chat with Me

Lunch Buffett Well-Known Member

I mostly play Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, Clash of Clans, and Minecraft. On my PS4, I have Fortnight and Formula 1 2020.

HollyBean likes this.
  11. HollyBean
    Chat with Me

OOO! I need to look into getting Minecraft again. I miss creating in that game.

Lunch Buffett likes this.
  12. The games I play depend a lot on the platform. But currently I am playing Pokemon Go, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mass Effect (all 4 actually), Madden, NHL21, Civilizations 6, Kingdoms of Amalur, Final Fantasy XII - Zodiac Age, and Kingdom Hearts 3. My all-time favorites have to be Mario Party and Mario Kart. I don't play them much anymore, but I have no one to play them with.

HollyBean likes this.
  13. HollyBean
    Chat with Me

OOO! Kingdom Hearts was amazing back in the day! I need to get up to speed on the newer ones. Thanks for the reminder of my love for that game.

JustJoeInPowell likes this.
  14. Any time. I still like going back and playing the Kingdom Hearts games. Of course, I am kind of a Disney nerd. So it fits.

HollyBean likes this.
  15. HollyBean
    Chat with Me

I did play the first one and loved it. Need to get back to them as well.

16. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

Canadian1987 Well-Known Member

I have been looking for kingdoms of Amalur forever, I legitimately had an easier time finding a PS5

HollyBean likes this.
  17. HollyBean
    Chat with Me

What's the reason for the struggle finding it?

18. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

It's just not at Wal Mart or my local EB games it's just not there, I'm going to have EB games order it.

HollyBean likes this.
  19. HollyBean
    Chat with Me

That's relatable for sure. Hopefully the wait isn't too long for the order.

20. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

Well I had them order the first 3 Yakuza games and it only took a couple daysso it shouldn't be to long.

HollyBean likes this.
  21. I actually got it through PS plus a couple months ago as a free game. You can check out the playstation store and see if you can get a digital copy from there. Maybe they have physical copies available too.

And I'm still waiting to find a PS5. None to be had in my part of the US.

HollyBean likes this.
  22. HollyBean
    Chat with Me

So what does the PS5 do that is making it so scarce to find? Is it just the craze of a new platform?

23. It is lack of production. They can't get certain microprocessors and other chips to make the PS5. That plus the supply never recovered from the initial rush on sales when it first came out. The pandemic has a lot to do with it.

Plus, I am personally not paying double or triple the retail price to someone who bought hundreds of PS5s when they first came out, so they can make a buck. I think that is completely unethical and should be illegal, but what do I know?

HollyBean likes this.
  24. HollyBean
    Chat with Me

Although I partially agree with you, the resale hustle it a product of the free market. Hopefully we can create more chip production facilities here in the US.