Getting my geek on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Old Nick, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

6FD8761E-AE29-4AC8-BF02-DBD01F5B45A8.jpeg
    Got this one yesterday.

It’s pretty fun. Plays solid. I have yet to play as Jason online, but I have escaped a few times as an intended victim. Other times, I got killed.

Offline, you do play as Jason. You can set up AI bots in any stage to hunt down, and there’s also a challenge mode, where you, as Jason, can get bonuses for taking out your victims in creative ways. For instance, the first challenge has you stalking to guys whose car broke down in Jason’s territory. You can take one guy out while he’s peeing on a tree. You can also kill the other guy while he’s fixing the car by pulling the jack out. If you’re familiar with the movies, this is the essence of Jason, especially when Kane Hodder was doing the motion capture.

Overall, it’s a blast! I’ve been wanting to play it for a long time.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  2. Just bought it on Steam after seeing the review on Toonami, plan on breaking it out this weekend, hope it is good. Loved the old Castlevania games. Last weekend before teaching starts up again!

auron79 likes this.
  3. Awww man that would have been so crazy

4. A throwback mode with all the best classic fan favorites would be cool

Power&glory83 and auron79 like this.
  5. Lately I have been playing Pokémon let’s go pikachu on the switch or overcooked 2

6. auron79
    Chat with Me

auron79 Well-Known Member

I'm playing Red Dead Redemption 2 again since my old PS4 died on me the day I got back from my May trip. Total bummer but it's like playing it for the first time all over again. So awesome!

AsiaFoxxx and Old Nick like this.
  7. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

1B6A9C36-D142-4111-ADA8-86406CAFB731.jpeg C78F44E1-4F0C-4714-8F09-B3F1C21F8713.jpeg

Been playing Friday The 13th. TGIF? Not in this case!

JerryVestal and auron79 like this.
  8. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

That sucks. My PS3 is dead. Well, the disc reader is, anyway.

AsiaFoxxx and auron79 like this.
  9. auron79
    Chat with Me

New PS4 Pro plays great. It's been a lot of fun doing side missions and exploring in Red Dead Redemption 2. I now have a huge library of games to replay.

AsiaFoxxx likes this.
  10. auron79
    Chat with Me

Old Nick likes this.
  11. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I’m enjoying it! Sadly, it doesn’t support Nintendo’s online chat app, opting for native voice chat. It’s nice, but I have to play in handheld mode for it. But playing as Jason in offline and online mode is great, and I’m totally digging the Virtual Cabin.

My first online match, I escaped, came back as Tommy Jarvis, and died. I finally played as Jason online a few days ago, but only racked up three kills.

Overall, it’s fun, and nothing like the 8-bit game everyone loves to hate.

auron79 likes this.
  12. Power&glory83
    Chat with Me

Power&glory83 Well-Known Member

They need to make a dragonball z game where you collect the dragon balls on your phone like they do with pokemon go

13. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Hmm...

To watch Friday The 13th...

D1F676D8-11C2-48EA-B1F2-B6B2A63AF1DE.png

Or to play it...

52BEA9F4-56C8-4DA8-8CAF-83FD6CA1F3B2.jpeg

upload_2019-8-25_23-5-32.gif

JerryVestal, AsiaFoxxx and auron79 like this.
  14. auron79
    Chat with Me

Old Nick likes this.
  15. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Not yet. I still don’t have all the Jasons either. I did go through the Virtual Cabin twice. That’s a blast, with a lot of Friday The 13th trivia and puzzle solving.

auron79 likes this.
  16. auron79
    Chat with Me

Sweet! I need to get my PS Plus back on so I can start playing it since I downloaded it when it was a free PSN Plus game a few months ago.

17. I just saw this at GameStop and thought back of this post

Old Nick likes this.
  18. I had a blast playing red dead riding around as Arthur!

Old Nick and auron79 like this.
  19. I’m addicted to Pokémon go like super addicted

JerryVestal and Old Nick like this.
  20. Now let me ask you this, is there a difference between gameplay on pro to non pro? My friend said only difference is graphics quality if you have the correct tv

auron79 likes this.
  21. Old Nick likes this.
  22. I was missing out for the longest and recently discovered ps plus gives me two free games a month but when the month is over do you have to pay to continue to play ?

Old Nick and auron79 like this.
  23. auron79
    Chat with Me

I'm having so much fun riding around and doing bounties. I just got my first white Arabian horse. :)

24. auron79
    Chat with Me

I have a 1080p TV so I haven't seen a big difference but that's what I've also been told. It loads a bit faster too.

25. auron79
    Chat with Me

As long as you have PS Plus you'll be allowed to play them. If not it locks them out until you get PS Plus again.

AsiaFoxxx, Power&glory83 and Old Nick like this.
  26. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I’m glad I never signed up for PS Plus for that alone.

auron79 likes this.
  27. Power&glory83
    Chat with Me

Power&glory83 Well-Known Member

I would know all about that, had revenge of shinobi and double dragon neon on ps plus and its locked out cuz I dont have ps plus anymore

AsiaFoxxx, auron79 and Old Nick like this.
  28. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I used to do that all the time, play my Game Boy, PSP, or DS while watching a movie or TV.

AsiaFoxxx likes this.
  29. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I got mine at GameStop. So far, I’ve played several online matches, a few as Jason, most as a counselor. As a counselor, I usually either escape or die. I have come back as Tommy Jarvis.

I have played through the Virtual Cabin twice. It’s a lot of fun, with a lot of Jason trivia and some puzzle solving.

auron79 likes this.
  30. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Some Friday The 13th Switch screencaps.

8DCC7AAA-C6D1-48C7-A922-DABDF68BB769.jpeg

At one point in time, we were supposed to get Uber Jason and the Grendel map, but due to the ongoing lawsuit, it’s not happening now. This shot is from the Virtual Cabin.

AF9AB5B3-9C1B-4741-8E39-1E9426150819.jpeg

If you’ve seen Friday 5, it’s not really Jason, but copycat killer, Roy Burns.

8C9C8003-DFE7-48E2-8BC6-CEFB51A34293.jpeg

From a recent online match. Look who I’m playing as! Of course I’m gonna die!

Spoiler alert. I did.

CE2A7994-7AD4-434E-9BF9-003EE0AB30CB.jpeg

I’m not sure which Jason is my favorite. I still have yet to unlock them all.

auron79 likes this.
  31. auron79
    Chat with Me

I heard about the lawsuit. It's such a shame all that had to happen. The studio had plans for more DLC.

Old Nick likes this.
  32. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I know. Even after the lawsuit gets settled, the DLC plans are indefinitely shelved. The timing sucks, coz if the lawsuit didn’t take place, we might have gotten not only Uber Jason and the Grendel, but quite possibly the Lazarus, remake Jason, FVJ Jason, and maybe more counselors and maps. We all got hosed.

auron79 likes this.
  33. Never pass up an opportunity for legendary skins

auron79 and Old Nick like this.
  34. I asked her she said it’s 4k or something along those lines I also hear rumors of ps5

auron79 likes this.
  35. What do you think about this months two choices ?

auron79 likes this.