Getting my geek on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Old Nick, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

Here’s a fun post. I’ll definitely add to it. Here’s some things in my game and just plain geeky collection.
    3570B45A-E8E6-4E6D-96A0-8824BA497A24.jpeg
    My WCW/nWo Revenge game. It was the last “good” WCW game released by THQ, who dropped WCW and went with WWF, while WCW went to EA Sports and turned to shit. What’s significant about this cartridge pictured in my hand is that while at a local wrestling show, Raven was a special guest, and he signed it. I’m glad he did, since he hated WCW, but he does appear on the cover with Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash, and Goldberg.
    24775FE4-007D-4981-B1C1-D1B8804050CD.jpeg
    My repro of Sweet Home. This game was based on a movie, and includes a lot of elements that later ended up in the Resident Evil series. Do to Nintendo’s censorship policies in the USA, not to mention the fact the localization would take forever, and there would be licensing issues, too, preventing any rerelease. But never fear...repro vendors got your back. Sadly, I can’t get this this cartridge to work again.
    7EB6453B-7D21-4BCA-812B-8FCF74C9D045.jpeg
    Would you believe that I’ve had this Double Dragon game since I was 13? It still works, too!
    5B64B0CD-0A3F-46E1-819F-6F9F3FE3C182.jpeg
    I decided to post this, because @rileyzane told me she liked the Saw franchise. The game isn’t that good, but I can only dream of playing this game with her. Probably wouldn’t get very far, but that’s ok.
    D2A4210D-0B1B-4992-88B7-25685F48B767.jpeg
    A crown jewel in my collection, I stumbled upon this Pac-Man board game at an antique store. With the exception of one marble missing, the game is complete.

I’ll add to this with more pics. If you want to share, by all means, feel free! :D

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  2. Love it! Seems silly perhaps as you are collecting... but once you've got a collection it's impressive. It takes some serious intuition to know what to hold on to.

Old Nick likes this.
  3. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Thanks. I’ll add more pics. :):):):)

sonja and DashaDare like this.
  4. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

B85CC50C-E525-4F0B-A006-52F166B77435.jpeg
    A throne of lightsabers. I don’t own this. My brother in law has this at his store.

5. I like all except SAW :eek::eek:

Old Nick likes this.
  6. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: n...i...c....e co..lle...tion:cool::cool::cool::cool:

7. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

My brother in law is selling it. I don’t know for how much, though.

DashaDare likes this.
  8. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

The highly collectible Tengen cartridges. Tengen was the first company to tell Nintendo to go fuck themselves, and gave us these games. Some good, some total crap. Still, if nothing else, they’re good for any collection. I’m not letting these outta my sight!
    ED2C2848-0BB2-4257-B88A-4F211A3E8200.jpeg

9. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

My brother brought me this Midway Multicade when his neighbor was about to throw it away. I’m glad he thought of me when he saw it, even though, for me, it’s more of an ornamental piece. My daughter, her friends, and my nephews play it more than I do. The biggest drawback for me is that even though Rampage is on this, there’s no way to play as Ralph, which really sucks.
    AA316A48-F932-4FE8-BD76-50FC7CCC5B14.jpeg

FreyaNovia, David_K, auron79 and 2 others like this.
  10. It is atary

my is full love for everyone

Old Nick likes this.
  11. It would be dangerous for me to walk in that store. So many things I would find I couldn't live without!

DashaDare and Old Nick like this.
  12. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

It’s like nerd heaven. :p:D:):):):):)

13. Natasha Star
    Chat with Me

Natasha Star Starlet of the Year! I put passion in compassion

OMG!!! I had that Double Dragon game! I Totally forgot about it until I saw yours! How cool! Thank you for the memories :)

14. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

We have so much in common. :):)

DashaDare and Natasha Star like this.
  15. Natasha Star
    Chat with Me

Natasha Star Starlet of the Year! I put passion in compassion

I don't have mine anymore, though. :( I might ask to borrow yours ;)

16. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

D8CC7398-9AF6-4329-8632-172F2712F88A.jpeg
    I also have this one, the Game Boy version on my 3DS, but truth be told, I’d rather have the arcade game.

I had four of those Tiger handhelds, but I lost two of them. The ones I have are Double Dragon and Sonic the Hedgehog. I also have a few Coleco mini arcade games, but I can’t find them.

If I get to come, maybe I’ll bring it. ;)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    DashaDare likes this.
  17. "like?!" Looks like the real thing to me!

18. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

The only thing that keeps me from buying out the whole store is that I’m already broke to begin with. I did buy a few games.

DashaDare and sonja like this.
  19. Well since you have that store in the family - you don't have to own it to enjoy it. Save your currency for sex and get the best of all of it. I've been told nerds are amazing in the bedroom. ;)

20. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

So are metalheads. And I’m the best of both worlds. Hehehe...

21. auron79
    Chat with Me

auron79 Well-Known Member

Awesome collection @Old Nick ! Arcade cabinet is cool. I have my current systems and the classic NES and SNES. It's nice to go back to 8 bit and 16 bit some times. :)

22. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Indeed! Sometimes the classics are better.

DashaDare and auron79 like this.
  23. Good to know! I will happily allow you to prove that in person.

24. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I thought I’d post a video of one of my favorite YouTubers, Larry Bundy Jr. He talks a lot about video games. He used to have a series called Games That Yanks Can’t Wank, where he talks about games that were only released in the UK. His current series, Fact Hunt, covers British, American, and Japanese games, programmers, and systems. The video I’m linking talks about failed system launches, but one of my absolute favorites of his is part of the the three part series about programmer rants buried in code, where one graphics designer left a pervy message in the graphics code. That designer was also on the staff that made Super Smash Bros on the Wii U and 3DS. I wonder if he left any pervy messages on Mario’s overalls.

DashaDare likes this.
  25. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Limbo on the Switch? Must get a Switch...but I wanna come to Nevada, too. Choices...course I’m still having a hard time trying to decide who to offer my divorce cherry to.

DashaDare likes this.
  26. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Octavious Kitten reviews the Casio Loopy.

I like Octavious Kitten. She’s kinda hot, got a great sense of humor, and she’s British.

DashaDare likes this.
  27. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

CE962D35-CE69-46AE-A884-3B226546C9CC.jpeg
    The best version of Jenga in my opinion.

28. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

B357B63E-4F89-46A6-909E-ADA4B91F3035.jpeg
    Dark Escape 4D. I played this tonight. It’s like an interactive horror ride. More than just a shooter, this game measures your heart rate as you play. It’s also in 3D, and it has 3D glasses attached to the machine. There are also fans, and a rumbler in the seat. It’s pretty cool.

David_K, sonja and DashaDare like this.
  29. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

C782514A-5C24-4901-8E03-2CA05F38E93B.jpeg
    If anyone has played Super Mario Maker, this is a pic of a level I uploaded. I have done two called “This Level Is Metal,” with inverted crosses and in one, a “666” formed out of coins. This level in particular was deleted by Nintendo for being too satanic, or maybe I made the Bowser fight too hard. Either way, some spineless cocksmack reported it.

The second one of the Metal series is still there, but rather than three sixes, I wrote “METAL” in coins around the middle. Still a difficult level, and you’re jumping on inverted crosses yet again, but it’s still on the server.

The third one I made did not share the “Metal” name, but I made a bit of a change while keeping some elements in. You start in the clouds, take a pipe to the castle scene, then take a pipe to solid ground. I originally called this level “Heaven and Hell,” but I figured it would get reported on the name alone, so I renamed it “Paradise and the Abyss.” To my knowledge, it’s still on the server.

David_K and DashaDare like this.
  30. I'm not sure if that's exactly the same one I played but - wow - that brought back memories. What a hoot. I actually did pretty well.

Old Nick and DashaDare like this.
  31. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I’m not sure how new it is, but it was my first time playing it. I imagine playing this on an outdate might make things exciting.

On another note, it’s good to see that arcade powerhouses Sega and Namco still producing arcade games. There was also a Mario Kart game, made by Namco and Nintendo.

DashaDare, auron79 and sonja like this.
  32. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I still enjoy playing this one! Splatterhouse is worth checking out for the fact that Jim Cummings provides the voice of the Terror Mask.

JerryVestal and DashaDare like this.
  33. This was an outdate for me and it was a blast. It scored how well we worked together which was actually pretty bonding.

34. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I so must try an arcade outdate.

35. Yes - It was great fun, bonding, and it gets the Adrenalin up (boosting testosterone) - LOL - We were very ready to take our gaming to the next level after wearing ourselves out in the arcade.