Best savings account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sakaki, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

This whole situation made me wish I had money in savings account for an emergency situation. What's the best bank I could open a savings account with that I can earn interest with over time. I know most banks the interest is so low.

2. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

AlexaWu Well-Known Member

It's best to contact different banks since it depends on how much you'll be starting your account with and if you want an account that has:
    1. an account with a fluctuating interest rate where it offers you the flexibility to withdrawl anytime.
    2. an account with a fixed interest rate and fixed date of withdrawal (ex: 6 months, 1 year).

Online banks seem to have better rates. The # of dates to transfer is usually longer than option 1. I chose one that was offering 2% (amazing) and then it dropped to 1.7% a few weeks shortly after. Still better than the local lenders in my area. Since it takes longer to get the money, I keep a separate checking account with a few hundred in it for any bills I may forget to pay or backup money just in case I need it ASAP.

Let us know which bank you choose :).