Board is not letting me reply to threads

Discussion in 'Posting Etiquette and Instructions' started by Niceguy Eddie, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Niceguy Eddie
    Chat with Me

Niceguy Eddie Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    Slugushi likes this.
  2. Slugushi
    Chat with Me

Slugushi Well-Known Member

I know that others including myself have been having this problem as well. Perhaps you could post what you found for a workaround so people running into this can still post?

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  3. Lake Show
    Chat with Me

Lake Show Well-Known Member

I am getting this Forbidden message as well when trying to reply to posts. How do I fix this issue so I can reply to posts ?

4. Yes, thought it had been fixed but still having similar problems earlier today.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  5. jaxdrummer76
    Chat with Me

jaxdrummer76 Well-Known Member

I cannot reply to e-mails either because I am getting the same "Forbidden" error. Very frustrating!!

6. jaxdrummer76
    Chat with Me

Does anyone have any updates on (or a good work around) for this that they would be willing to share please?

Chris

7. Niceguy Eddie
    Chat with Me

Niceguy Eddie Well-Known Member

It was fixed hours after I posted that. I would have deleted the post that started this thread--but the forum would not let me.

8. jaxdrummer76
    Chat with Me

I am still getting the same error when I try to reply to e-mails from my Inbox. Also, posting to different threads seems to be hit or miss.

9. Chris, try clearing your history cache and re-log in. At least, that worked for me. If there are still problems, Kiteh Kawasaki can "nudge" the tech guys

10. jaxdrummer76
    Chat with Me

Thanks RS. I just cleared my History cache, logged back in and I am still getting the same error. I also e-mailed Phil about it several days ago but have not heard anything back from him.

11. Aw, sorry that didn't work, Chris. Don't worry, it's not your end. Inquired about it myself in another forum.

12. jaxdrummer76
    Chat with Me

RS, thank you so much, once again! I really appreciate your (and everyone else's) help. I hope this gets resolved soon for the sake of everyone here.

13. I've gotten that a couple times last year and had wondered if I did something to warrant myself being banned but luckily it wasn't the case. I just waited a little while and tried again later that day and everything was fine. So I'm guessing there was something going on at that moment possibly with board/server maintenance.

14. Slider
    Chat with Me

Slider Well-Known Member

Yeah, just to confirm, I too received that error for a while back then. And it did have to do with the site maintenance they had been doing earlier that week, which, at times, actually took the entire forum completely offline for brief periods. Then for a few days thereafter, I guess they were still tweaking things, here and there - hence the "Forbidden..." problem we experienced. So, not to worry - it's only temporary.