Care to be a big sister in the "Operation Christmas Child" to two kids?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JerryVestal, Nov 4, 2023.

1. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, each year many churches in mainly the USA and some part of England and from the Hobby Lobby stores help with Samaritan's Purse International Relief through the Billy Graham Foundation for the Christmas holiday time of "Operation Christmas Child." Basically you take a container (or empty shoe box of your own) and packing slip and hand pick items to send to a little one somewhere in the world that does not know anything about Christmas and /or about our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST. Usually a small toy, some personal care item (like toothbrush, combs, and washcloth), some socks, mittens, and a few school items with a card and letter from you. This year I'm making up two boxes for a boy and a girl of the ages of 2-4 years old. I already filled their boxes up with toys, clothing, personal care items, counting cards, crayons and a coloring book. I was just going to include a single Christmas card from just me, but I was wondering if you ladies would like me to include a card from you all to the little tikes and their families (not to worry Samaritan's Purse has teachers in the kids' schools and hospitals around the world to translate for the kids and their families.) ? What little kid wouldn't want so many big sisters caring for them? I know I would! I already paid for the shipping which allows me to track where the packages are going this December when they are shipped. If you want to know more about this here is Samaritan's Purse International Relief's site and what they are about. www.samaritanspurse.org

2. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

I almost forgot to mention many times these kids and their families will write to you in correspondence with help of Samaritan's Purse teachers and ministers translating their letters to you in a printed English version.