Happy Birthday Kit Carson! Carson City History

Discussion in 'LoveRanch North Lovers Forum (Reno-Carson City)' started by AustinShelby, Dec 30, 2019.

1. [smilie=happy.gif]It’s been a few minutes since high school, so when I moved to this area I was reminded that Carson City is the State Capital of Nevada. I love learning about the history of a state, and Nevada is one of the more remarkable stars in the Union, with a fascinating history.

upload_2019-12-30_15-6-41.png

With rapid growth from the discovery of gold and silver in the Comstock Lode, Carson City became the states Capital in 1861, settled by ranch, freight and transportation commerce, and Nevada became a state on October 31, 1864

upload_2019-12-30_15-8-19.jpeg

The town was named after Kit Carson, a great American frontiersman of the 19th century.

upload_2019-12-30_15-8-37.jpeg

Christopher Houston Carson (December 24, 1809 – May 23, 1868), better known as Kit Carson, was an American frontiersman. He was a mountain man (fur trapper), wilderness guide, Indian agent, and U.S. Army officer. Carson became a frontier legend in his own lifetime via biographies and news articles. Often exaggerated versions of his exploits were the subject of dime novels. His understated nature belied confirmed reports of his fearlessness, combat skills, tenacity, and profound effect on the westward expansion of the United States. :Wikipedia

It should be noted that Kit Carson would have celebrated his 210th birthday this year on Christmas Eve!! [smilie=i love you1.gif]

My next post is on the State History Museum

xo - Austin
    upload_2019-12-30_15-11-13.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    Leo Goodale likes this.
  2. JuniperJones
    Chat with Me

JuniperJones Well-Known Member

Amazing post girl! I hope you have an I incredible New Years!

AustinShelby likes this.
  3. Miss you @JuniperJones!! Have an amazing NYE and please post more pizza rolls on Twitter, they look amazing!!

4. AshbeeLove
    Chat with Me

AshbeeLove Recommend for fans of Funny Girl

This is so interesting! Thank you for sharing!

AustinShelby likes this.
  5. Thank you @AshbeeLove - and thanks for stopping in :) xoxo — A

AshbeeLove likes this.
  6. destinistarr
    Chat with Me

destinistarr Your Ultimate GFE Companionship

Book this lover today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk