Joe Carbols Milestone Friday!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joe carbols, May 8, 2020.

1. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

joe carbols Well-Known Member

To all board members and friends.

While the Adorable @AlexaWu took me OVER 2,000 likes I have to THANK all of the board members who liked my posts. It takes a bunch of friends to be interested in my posts to like what I write.

It warmed my heart that I could reach this historic level.

God Bless Everyone!!!

2. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

AlexaWu Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the milestone. Many more likes to come my friend :):cool:

aztecwarrior2881 and joe carbols like this.
  3. Perseus
    Chat with Me

Perseus Well-Known Member

Hey Joe, I would have liked to be number 2001 (what a board odyssey or is it, in my case 'odd'yssey), but the actual number, 2010, works too)

4. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Thank you @Perseus but sorry the Adorable @AlexaWu not only got 2000 but 2001. She is outta this world a genuine Space Odyssey. I hear the “Great Danube” right now. I hope Alexa knows how to waltz. Besides the Jitterbug the Waltz is my next favorite dance.

I’ll make sure you know about the next milestone and “the Year 2525”.

thanks for liking this post and the many others that you have liked in the past

Perseus, aztecwarrior2881 and AlexaWu like this.
  5. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Have always wanted to learn how to Waltz. Waiting for someone to show me how

6. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

It’s a beautiful social grace @AlexaWu. I like it as I only have to count to 3.

Perseus, AlexaWu and aztecwarrior2881 like this.
  7. origlegman
    Chat with Me

origlegman Well-Known Member

;)[smilie=hi ya!.gif] Gosh, I thought it was four, four but maybe that’s something else. I’m so confused! ;)[smilie=hi ya!.gif];)

AlexaWu and joe carbols like this.
  8. origlegman
    Chat with Me

origlegman Well-Known Member

;)[smilie=hi ya!.gif]Congratulations Joe on your achievement and the fact the the beautiful Alexa helped you reach your goal.[smilie=hi ya!.gif];)

AlexaWu and joe carbols like this.
  9. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Yes @origlegman the four step is the Fox Trot. Very popular in the 30’s thru the 40’s.
    The Count Basie Orchestra was one of the more popular Fox Trots groups. Biggest number would be Jumping at the Woodside or wood choppers ball!!

not to be confused with the Jitterbug which came along later.

10. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Yes @origlegman I guess I have been Woooo’ed by the Amazing @AlexaWu

nothing better than being taken over the top by Alexa Wu.

AlexaWu likes this.
  11. IMHO, one of the most beautiful albums ever made is the Count’s “April in Paris” album of 1955.

joe carbols likes this.
  12. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

I agree @RunningSquirrel it is one of the best produced and composition. However due to some personal relationships my ATF is Basie Straight Ahead (1968) and Flip, Flop and Fly with the mighty Joe Turner.

I’m amazed a youngin like yourself even knows who Count Basie is let alone an Album (cd, Spotify) that is almost 70 yrs old. You Da Man!!

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  13. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

No idea on how many 3 or 4.. or 5?! @origlegman

14. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Our friend @origlegman may have forgotten.. he's too busy in his 'garden' these days. A-hem!

15. Perseus
    Chat with Me

Perseus Well-Known Member

But you do have to watch not to step on her toes and count at the same time (no chewing bubblegum tho). We are similar ages Joe, I remember first learning to waltz in 7th grade PE class. Too bad its out of style. We also did "Virginia Reel" in 5th grade, but, somehow, by 7th grade, I started to appreciate the babes as dance partners, far more than 5th grade. :D

RunningSquirrel and joe carbols like this.