Oops

Discussion in 'Games' started by JamieJupiter, Mar 25, 2024.

1. JamieJupiter
    Chat with Me

JamieJupiter Classic Italian Beauty

Tell me about something you did where you said "oops I shouldn't've done that"

I'll start: today I pan fried a steak and overdid it on the cayenne. Oops. Everyone's lungs are clear

BigAlbowski, origlegman and BeaverFan like this.
  2. Where to start! I think I would be better answering how many times I say oops in a day. The average has to be at least 7-8

JamieJupiter likes this.
  3. JamieJupiter
    Chat with Me

Tell me about it :cool:

[smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

BeaverFan likes this.
  4. I write and maintain software for a company that makes labels for consumer goods. The most widely used part of the site is an interface where customer service representatives place orders for labels, on behalf of customers. For example, Renee Representative might place an order for 200,000 labels for Campbells Tomato Soup, after someone from Campbell's asks for this.

One time, about 4 years ago, I was cleaning up files on the active production server and accidentally deleted a folder full of some sort of files that were absolutely critical to the operation of this part of the site. Essentially, nobody could create any print jobs for customer requests. And it's a UNIX server, so anything you delete is immediately gone forever. Luckily someone was able to restore a copy of this same information from one of the testing servers. I almost got fired over that one. If we had not had that backup copy on the testing server, I definitely would have been fired.

KikiLover and JamieJupiter like this.
  5. Lol, I feel like it’s always cooking. I like the taste of vinegar in cooking but let’s just say it’s easy to over do it!

KikiLover and JamieJupiter like this.
  6. JamieJupiter
    Chat with Me

Oh no!!! That sort of thing is why you should have backup files of important stuff

7. JamieJupiter
    Chat with Me

Doesn't really take much to get the effect, huh?

Dingoman11112023 likes this.
  8. Yes and it's a good thing there was a backup. It's why I'm always nervous when I'm in the Production servers. One time, I accidentally placed an order for like $400,000 worth of goods in the production server. Luckily I caught the mistake quickly and got on the phone to the right people and had that order cancelled immediately.

JamieJupiter likes this.
  9. JamieJupiter
    Chat with Me

That could've been an epic oops

10. AmaraGunner
    Chat with Me

AmaraGunner Your natural blonde goddess

The amount of times I say “oops,” while re-reading works to make sure grammar and spelling are correct is truly painful sometimes. Autocorrect does NOT know what it’s talking about way too frequently :confused:

JamieJupiter, SailorB and BeaverFan like this.
  11. JamieJupiter
    Chat with Me

Autocorrect is a beyotch! lol <3

BeaverFan likes this.
  12. Lol very little. I swear it was just a drop

JamieJupiter likes this.