So What Do You Folks Think?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mickey_St_James, May 25, 2019.

1. I happened to get a phone call today from a woman I dated in college. She apparently was able to get my phone number backtracking information in my mother's obituary.

She offered condolences, which I appreciate. She also told me:
    1. She wishes she had never broken the relationship off - her life has been in shambles since I left (as I recall, I broke it off, but whatever).

2. She had a son and I am his father (born 11 month after I left - possible, I guess, but unlikely).

3. She didn't want anything, but her son was about to lose his business and needed financial help.

4. Bear in mind, I broke off this relationship (only about 2 months, by the way) because she was a liar. Big lies, little lies, medium lies, lies when the truth would have suited better.

I don't believe a word of it. I said I would have to check it out, but have no intention of getting caught up in this.

Would you?

AsiaFoxxx and Sharky like this.
  2. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

TiredFrog Well-Known Member

With what you describe, it sounds like you're about to be scammed. I'd do absolutely nothing without a DNA test on the child first.

Chief likes this.
  3. Absolutely my thought, too. The timing of the birth is wrong, and I used condoms with her. I've already contact law enforcement about this and my attorney as well.

LE says it's not unusual for scammers to contact those whose relatives have just passed, using info from the obituary, thinking they may not be thinking straight due to mourning.

TiredFrog likes this.
  4. RED FLAG ALERT!!!!!
    First, 11 months oh hell no, absolutely not your kid, not your problem.
    Second, she sought you through the obituary which means she thinks you have inheritance money and she wants to weasel her way into your life so that she can get her hands on it and is using what she thinks might be old feelings you have as a means to her ends.

Walk away, ask her to kindly respect your privacy and never, I mean NEVER, speak to her for the rest of your life. You will be better off for it.

5. Run enjoy your life &the no drama ranches;)

Sharky likes this.
  6. I agree. I told her I wasn't in a position to help.

Sharky likes this.
  7. My advice would be to run away screaming.

8. Nah, just quietly stated I couldn't help. If there's another call, and I don't think there will be, it might be restraining order time.

Sharky and Curtis H. like this.
  9. I hear ya. Good luck with all that. Have a good one!

10. dragonhart
    Chat with Me

dragonhart Well-Known Member

just me cause i am sadistic but have fun with this. first the 11 month preg think. tell her to contact Guinness world records to report an 11 month pregnancy. sure she could make money off that then she can help her son. what business is her son in? why is he in trouble with money? ask her if she has ever heard of fine companies that are called banks. the provide money. it will cost money but they do give loans of money. phone number through obit? hmmm never seen numbers in obits but ok ask what she died from? simple easy answer. she doesnt respond to any of these or come sup with more excuses then just say nope and hang up.

Sharky likes this.
  11. Don't fall for it Mickey. It probably isn't even the woman she claims to be.

Sharky likes this.
  12. Well, moot point now. I said I couldn't help and doubt the paternity of her son. Haven't heard from her since, so that's probably the end of that.

If not I have a lawyer and law enforcement alerted to the situation.

Something like this happened once before - a one night stand accused me of fathering a child. I had had a vasectomy, so that didn't go very far.

My father always said I needed to quit sticking my dick places it didn't belong. He was probably right.

Sharky likes this.
  13. Niceguy Eddie
    Chat with Me

Niceguy Eddie Well-Known Member

There seem to be people who read obituaries and try to prey on the survivors. When a close relative died I received a number of letters from different people claiming to be distant relatives based on the information contained in the obituary. One person claimed to have a letter from my grandfather dating back almost 100 years.

Some people read obituaries and based on the information on the deceased conclude that the survivors stand to inherit a lot of money. They also conclude that the survivors will be in an emotionally vulnerable position and try to exploit it.

Sharky likes this.
  14. Yep - you hit it right on the nose!

15. dragonhart
    Chat with Me

dragonhart Well-Known Member

At least they are getting more creative and they passed on the "Im in a forgein country and need money " " i am a princess in this country and you are gifted with x amount of dollars in a bank account but i need your bank numbers to be able to wire it" style scheme.

16. I'm not running anywhere, but I did tell her I could not help her son and very much doubted his paternity. My lawyer and law enforcement are are aware of the contact, in case it it continues.

17. Does it not seem unusual that she went to these great Lengths to track you down that would raise an alarm for me

Sharky likes this.
  18. How old is said child? Iā€™m not sure but I heard if she goes through court legally she has right to paternity test but she has to initiate the process

Sharky likes this.
  19. If she does push the paternity issue under most states she will be attesting to the paternity and it means filing a court document and if it turns out to just be to harass you with no chance of paternity it means she can be held guilty of filing a false court document (felony) and harassment if you choose to. So if she's smart she won't pursue this any further.

20. Sure does. If I thought there was any chance this was legit, I'd say, "let's run the DNA tests and see." But I am certain this lady, who has always been a liar, is running a scam.

Sharky likes this.
  21. KikiLover
    Chat with Me

KikiLover ā™› Middle Eastern Princess ā™›

This is such an interesting thread,
    thanks for posting [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]