About Me Reading with Alex More

Discussion in 'World Famous BunnyRanch Forum (Carson City)' started by AlexMore, Nov 17, 2019.

1. AlexMore
    Chat with Me

AlexMore Well-Known Member

I have a confession: I'm a nerd!

201911164116185906526872515.jpg

I've always been a voracious reader. I taught myself (with supervision from my parents) and my little sister to read by age 4. I had read nearly the entire young adult section of my local library by age 11.

Biographies and autobiographies about people in different cultures and eras are my current favorite variety of books.

I love learning, and have a degree in Social Work and Liberal Arts. In the next six years, I plan to return to college to continue my education in Social Work and then attend law school.

I love libraries, museums, and book stores.

201911176512601945674896992.jpg
    What type of books do you enjoy reading?
    Are you a nerd, too?
    Let's get nerdy together!

Xoxo,
    Alex More
    [email protected]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    Kmoe2244, Auberon, RubyRae and 8 others like this.
  2. Power&glory83
    Chat with Me

Power&glory83 Well-Known Member

When I was a kid I loved reading comic books like spiderman, batman etc. Loved the Garfield the cat books and my all time favorite is goosebumps books from r.l. stine
    Nowadays I usually like to read the autobiographies about certain wrestlers I grew up watching in wwf like bret hart, owen hart etc. Always fascinated about the backstories that they went through

AlexMore likes this.
  3. carlitoalex
    Chat with Me

carlitoalex Well-Known Member

When I was a kid I loved to read Goosebumps and Captain Underpants. I don't read books no more.

4. Bruce75
    Chat with Me

Bruce75 Well-Known Member

I SO love libraries and museums as well! I recently went to the Carnegie museum of Natural history. But I love nothing more than to sit in a quiet library and read books about my favorite times in history. It sounds weird,but it feels like I've gone back in time.

AlexMore likes this.
  5. Lunch Buffett
    Chat with Me

Lunch Buffett Well-Known Member

I'm currently reading How To Become A Federal Crimimal - An Illustrated Handbook for the Aspiring Offender.

There's 6 months federal prison time for anyone who uses the Woodsy Owl character or his slogan without permission from the government.

"Give a Hoot - Don't Pollute".

Please don't turn me in!

AlexMore likes this.
  6. JuniperJones
    Chat with Me

JuniperJones Well-Known Member

Sexy nerds are the best kind of people (;

Auberon and AlexMore like this.
  7. KikiLover
    Chat with Me

KikiLover ♛ Middle Eastern Princess ♛

Who doesn’t love a sexy nerd ... pretty girl

AlexMore likes this.
  8. carlitoalex
    Chat with Me

carlitoalex Well-Known Member

I love to read my magazines during my free time. IMG_20191210_160134.jpg IMG_20191210_160115.jpg IMG_20191210_160050.jpg IMG_20191210_160020.jpg IMG_20191210_155947.jpg

AlexMore likes this.
  9. Davefem
    Chat with Me

Davefem Active Member

I love Atlas Shrugged. Also I enjoyed We Are the Living.

AlexMore likes this.
  10. KylieRose
    Chat with Me

KylieRose PETITE GODDESS

AH ! I too learned to read that young. I love to read.

I just polished off a book "living with a seal" great book and about to start reading "leadershift"

:cool:

AlexMore and William Lynch like this.
  11. Currently rereading the Ssfehold series by David Weber. Non-fiction I am reading about mining and minting, canon law in the late medieval period and the thirty years war.

Which biographies @AlexMore ?

AlexMore likes this.
  12. AlexMore
    Chat with Me

I just recently finished Trevor Noah's autobiography called, "Born A Crime." So good!! Your reading topics sound varied and interesting!

Auberon likes this.
  13. Research for my own writing, actually. But the subjects are fascinating.

14. Gunnar
    Chat with Me

Gunnar Active Member

I love reading as well. Especially biographies, autobiographies, and investment and personal finance.

One book I thought was really interesting was Susan Cain's " Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking".

I recently reread Kevin Roose's " Young Money" . The book follows the journey of several young adults as they enter the world of Investment banking.

I have also enjoyed reading books on Warren Buffet and Larry Ellison.

As for fiction, I enjoy John Grisham novels.

KylieRose and AlexMore like this.
  15. AlexMore
    Chat with Me

I should start reading those genres!

KylieRose likes this.