Getting my geek on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Old Nick, Jun 23, 2018.

1. I always curl up with my switch

Old Nick likes this.
  2. Ok but as long as I download it for free I never end up paying 59.99 for a game

Old Nick likes this.
  3. You can always download or load in through the usb

Old Nick likes this.
  4. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

I still have some games on the internal memory, but my PS3 doesn’t go online anymore.

5. auron79
    Chat with Me

auron79 Well-Known Member

For August I own Wipeout Omega Collection and it's fun. Never played Sniper Elite 4.
    For September, Batman Arkham Knight and Darksiders 3....heck yeah! :)

AsiaFoxxx likes this.
  6. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I might get a refurbished PS3 from Minus World Games, a small game store close to me. I picked up a couple DS games and a Waluigi Amiibo the other day.

AsiaFoxxx and auron79 like this.
  7. I've been geeking out on World Of Warcraft Classic this weekend. Takes me back to 2004!

JerryVestal and Old Nick like this.
  8. auron79
    Chat with Me

I need to look to see if Reno has any retro video game stores. That would be fun to check some out between visits to the Ranches.

Old Nick and AsiaFoxxx like this.
  9. Let me know what you find, I would be very interested

auron79 likes this.
  10. I almost got that Friday the 13th for switch instead got “cities” because they described it as a sim city for switch and it wasn’t it was terrible

Old Nick likes this.
  11. I just downloaded Batman so prepare to hear about my tales of protecting Gotham !

JerryVestal, auron79 and Old Nick like this.
  12. There is a store in Arizona I’ve found some gems at called “play n trade”

auron79 likes this.
  13. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I wish I still had my SNES SimCity cartridge. Lots of relaxing nights were spent playing that.

AsiaFoxxx likes this.
  14. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

There was a Nintendo Direct today. I had to watch the replay.

AsiaFoxxx and auron79 like this.
  15. auron79
    Chat with Me

I will be sure to let you know. :)

16. auron79
    Chat with Me

This is gonna be gooood! Can't wait to see what you think of it. :)

AsiaFoxxx and Old Nick like this.
  17. I was sooooo disappointed I thought I had discovered a gem

Old Nick likes this.
  18. Have you already played it? By the time it installed last night I was tired so I only played the first five minutes or so

auron79, Old Nick and Jessie Summers like this.
  19. auron79
    Chat with Me

Yes I have played it. I liked it overall. Have you had time to play it yourself? :)

20. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

There was newbie player on wow classic that asked other people how to make the rain in the background to stop and mentioned what great guild they were in, one player told them to type: /gquit. Which means quit guild. That player had a heck of a time getting back in their guild. We do have decent people playing in wow then you have your major dicks.

Old Nick likes this.
  21. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I’ve been playing Minecraft a lot lately.

22. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I have Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. I still have yet to get to the end of Arkham City, but I like Robin’s design in this.

auron79 likes this.
  23. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

24. auron79
    Chat with Me

That sucks! I started watching all the Friday The 13th movies after watching You Tuber Decker Shado do The Summer of Freddy VS Jason review videos.

Old Nick likes this.
  25. auron79
    Chat with Me

The ending is good Nick. I actually dressed up as Arkham series Robin for Alice Little's birthday party this past May. The costume was really cool.

AsiaFoxxx and Old Nick like this.
  26. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

That’s what I hate about streaming services. They hardly ever keep the movies I like.

27. Power&glory83
    Chat with Me

Power&glory83 Well-Known Member

Very true bro, I hope they don’t take down the movie the crow cuz I would be pissed

Old Nick and auron79 like this.
  28. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Well, I know that Walmart has the collection of Friday the 13th movies 1-8 in bundle DVD pack for $20 back in the movie section.

Old Nick likes this.
  29. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

421B5BF7-8D86-4B02-A899-599630AB5A24.jpeg 2E34C260-11EB-4B47-BC17-367DE82AB810.jpeg

In a Facebook group I’m in, our admin posted a question: What classic games do you regret missing out on? I brought up two: Space Fury and Amidar.

As a kid, Space Fury scared me. I went up to the cabinet when Layton Hills Mall still had Aladdin’s Castle and saw the game on attract mode. I was just about drop a token into the game when the alien commander popped up and started talking. I ran from one end of the arcade to the other. When I decided to face my fears and play Space Fury, it was gone. Redemption did come, as I’d unlocked it on the PSP version of Sega Genesis Classics. I’m hoping for a Sega Ages release, too.

Amidar is another. I never saw it in the arcade, but when I saw it advertised for the Atari 2600, I thought it was a stupid game. Forgive me, for back then, I knew not what I do. I found that the game was programmed by Konami, and came out around the same time as Frogger, so there’s a slim chance that Arcade Archives might give us Amidar. I’m still hoping for Kangaroo, as Sun Electronics (Sunsoft) made that one.

Yes, that’s how old I am. Old enough to remember when arcade games had that wood grain paneling on the sides.

auron79 and JerryVestal like this.
  30. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Do you remember the arcade Star Wars game where you are the X-wing fighter trying to destroy the Death Star? That was a classic game never released to any game consoles, only to the Arcade machines.

Old Nick likes this.
  31. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I have Rebel Strike on the GameCube, and you can unlock the Star Wars arcade game and the Empire Strikes Back arcade game with a cheat code. Sadly, they didn’t include the Return Of The Jedi arcade game, which is a shame. I know that exists coz I played it at Chuckie Cheese a long time ago.

Here’s another goodie. Arcade 1Up is producing a Star Wars arcade Mini which includes all three! :D

JerryVestal and auron79 like this.
  32. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

FE2773CB-58F5-4CA5-85E1-8F959255E467.jpeg

Today is the 20th anniversary of the launch in the Sega Dreamcast, the last console Sega released before going third party. I used to have a Dreamcast. It was the only console I ever bought on launch day.

33. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

Canadian1987 Well-Known Member

One of the only systems I have never played

Old Nick likes this.
  34. I missed this thanks for posting !

Old Nick likes this.
  35. I totally had this as a kid I played ready 2 rumble boxing

JerryVestal and Old Nick like this.