Getting my geek on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Old Nick, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

AE62A94C-1FFA-4C0C-AEB6-3D8F8C39CF5F.jpeg

Point A: If you like metal, this is an awesome album.

Point B: I miss Chaos! Comics.

Power&glory83 and JerryVestal like this.
  2. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

I agree Chaos! Comics were the best and fun fact a separate company picked the Chaos! Comics brand and still running their comics and many others like Conan, Tarzan, Vampirella, Betty Page, Lone Ranger, Dick Tracy, and Elvira: Mistress of the Dark, and many more. The company is Dynamite Comics. Now a separate comic company is focusing primarily on the Chaos! Comic brand called Coffin Comics. Apparently both Coffin Comics and Dynamite Comics are allowed to share the rights to the Chaos! Comics brand. You can find them in any comic book/game store.

AsiaFoxxx and Old Nick like this.
  3. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I know Lady Death is still active. I miss Evil Ernie.

JerryVestal likes this.
  4. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Thanks brother, I'll take that into thought! Funimation.com had the best anime new and old, and Japanese sci-fi movies to stream at a cheap cost of $8.00 at the highest quality and access.

AsiaFoxxx and Old Nick like this.
  5. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Old Nick likes this.
  6. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

“So...do you come here often?”

EC803245-B46B-4FD8-8248-62063D1C889C.jpeg

7. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Here’s my latest on Super Mario Maker 2. It’s fun to create and play these levels. I’ll have to see if anyone’s played it yet.

0C244267-4C68-441F-8F86-0715A6750C6A.jpeg

AsiaFoxxx likes this.
  8. I will find the link to the article I used to walk myself through unlocking it, if I can do it everyone here can do it!

Old Nick likes this.
  9. Thinking about buying ring fit for my switch!

Old Nick likes this.
  10. I browse through the comic book shops not for comics, not that anything is wrong with comics but for the display pieces I’ve managed to get a few store display pieces to games I like

11. Power&glory83
    Chat with Me

Power&glory83 Well-Known Member

Which display pieces of games you bought so far? Only one I got is ryu doing his street fighter 5 cover pose.

AsiaFoxxx, auron79 and Old Nick like this.
  12. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

The comic shop close to me, Hebeegebeez, has a bunch of stuff, not just comics. Their display case has a ton of the old Masters Of The Universe toys, and I can still name them all.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    JerryVestal likes this.
  13. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

How to fry a Nintendo console:

1. Put Metroid in the console.

2. Go to Passwords

3. Enter this passcode: ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

14. auron79
    Chat with Me

auron79 Well-Known Member

I need to spend an extra day in Reno to check out the comic and video game stores out there. Do you know if there are many in the Carson City/Reno area to explore?

AsiaFoxxx likes this.
  15. randyryder
    Chat with Me

randyryder Pure heart with a dirty mind!

Super heroes are so sexy!

-Pure heart with a dirty mind,
    Randy Ryder

Old Nick likes this.
  16. I have a few not a lot but a few really cool Pokémon displays I’m working on my funkos right now but I have a large assortment of different figurines and action figures from shows or movies I like

Old Nick likes this.
  17. Carson city has I believe two shops your best bet would most likely be Reno I have uncovered a few random places that had some good stuff in my explorations down there

Old Nick likes this.
  18. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Have you heard about the Tiger LCD screen handhelds making a comeback? The nostalgia market is booming. I had a few of these, but the only one I was really able to hand on to was my Double Dragon game. I’ve had this since I was 13, and it surprisingly still works.

Though I do have the arcade and NES versions on my Switch...

283DA237-67EC-4521-BE7A-62ECBDCF5535.jpeg

kmerrill, AsiaFoxxx and JerryVestal like this.
  19. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

89C0CD40-3C8D-4259-B010-2B5FD9979DD0.jpeg

I need to find one of these. I still say a Funko POP figure of King Diamond is long overdue.

AsiaFoxxx and JerryVestal like this.
  20. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I forgot to mention that if you have a 3DS, the classic Pokémon games, Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold, and Crystal are available for download on that system.

JerryVestal likes this.
  21. kmerrill
    Chat with Me

kmerrill Well-Known Member

Make sure you download the Pokémon games for your home country on the eShop. All games have multiple versions of the same version for that reason.

AsiaFoxxx likes this.
  22. Lunch Buffett
    Chat with Me

Lunch Buffett Well-Known Member

When I was in college, I used to play Rogue on a Unix machine. It was displayed on the screen as characters. Even though the interface was crude, it was fun to play. It inspired other games which are called Rogue-likes.

I found a Rogue-like for my iPad called FTL: Faster Than Light. You pilot a ship and explore like Star Trek. It gives you only two ships to start with. To get other ships, you need to complete missions that you encounter at random. I'm still trying to unlock a hidden section that contains a new map along with a ship.

Old Nick likes this.
  23. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Love those, mine was a Castlevania 2 Simon's Quest.

AsiaFoxxx likes this.
  24. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Thank you for the information, Bro!

Old Nick and AsiaFoxxx like this.

25. I would so buy one of these honestly I could see myself with a dozen of them playing different games all day

26. I was at GameStop today asking about funkos and I was told not sure how true but I was told an option may be coming later this year to design your own funko from diff styles and paints and clothes they have already produced but also the option to possibly upload a face image to be super imposed onto the funko somehow? I got lost in his explanation of it but it sounds so cool you know I would get myself in all kind of diff styles lol

Old Nick likes this.
  27. I bought this today for my room! Went for something completely different left with this!

28. Pictures... because they didn’t attach correctly to the first post! The chair is on a swivel but sets on the ground back leans forwards and backwards with 8 settings neck does the same it’s very comfy and has a memory foam back support !

Attached Files:

Old Nick and Matty5 like this.
  29. Matty5
    Chat with Me

Matty5 Active Member

Hmm @AsiaFoxxx I couldn’t find American in Asia Ass on Netflix... damn! It sounds like it would be right up my alley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AsiaFoxxx likes this.
  30. Sorry for the cluster fuck of pictures it didn’t post how I had anticipated lol

Old Nick likes this.
  31. Well if you send me a pM I maybe able to help you find the title your looking for ;)

Old Nick and Matty5 like this.
  32. Matty5
    Chat with Me

Matty5 Active Member

Looks like someone has claimed the chair as their own. Cute Doggy @AsiaFoxxx what’s his/name?

AsiaFoxxx likes this.
  33. Matty5
    Chat with Me

Matty5 Active Member

Yeah I think I’d like that. Yup definitely...

Old Nick likes this.
  34. Matty5
    Chat with Me

Matty5 Active Member

Cool little * about Goldberg since your original post referenced WCW wrestling. You may know but I thought I’d share if you didn’t. Goldberg is the only wrestler to win the Heavy weight championship in 4 different decades. If I was going to guess I would have said Ric Flair...

Old Nick likes this.
  35. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

How cool would an @AsiaFoxxx Funko Pop be? :D

AsiaFoxxx likes this.