First half of 2022 wasn't that great, but we're still here. . .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ColinSTL, Jul 2, 2022.

1. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

ColinSTL Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! Know it's been a month on Sundays since I've posted, but I wanted to let everyone know both Brent and I are still OK and hanging in there, but the first half of 2022 wasn't all that great, That being said, we're looking ahead to bouncing back during the second half.

Many of you know this, some probably don't, but we had a very sad thing happen on Feb. 15. Our mother, Mary Margaret Feeney, died of infirmities, aged 83. We were so fortunate to have seen her on last Christmas Eve for a family Holiday gathering, and she did look tired and not well and I sensed that it was possible it would be our last time together as a family. That said, she told us how proud she was of all of us, and to both Brent and I, she told us how proud she was of the both of us for the way we turned out as people. That meant so much to the both of us, and I'm so glad she said what she did.

According to what our sister said, the end came very peacefully and quietly early in the morning of Feb. 15, and under the circumstances, I don't think you could have asked for anything better. She had been tired of fighting everything that was going wrong with her body and she was ready to go. I'm glad the end came so peacefully.

I've been coping with everything pretty well since then, but there's not a day that goes by when I don't think about her. I'm still getting up, going to my retail job at Target, still writing for the news website and still helping to take care of Brent. I've learned how to be resilient and keep on going. And I know in the end, we'll be good. As I like to say: You can't keep The Fabulous Feeney Brothers down for long! *lol*

I'm glad to see everyone at the Ranches doing well and hanging in there. I'm sure Dennis would be proud of all of you for your efforts. We still miss him very much and hope that he's doing good and looking down at us with his trademark big smile.

Thanks for everything as well to all of you. You all have been such an important part of our lives since 2011, and I hope we've added a lot of good things to the Ranch family. As mom would say -- keep on keeping on!

2. tahoebigbear
    Chat with Me

tahoebigbear Well-Known Member

Colin....thanks for your positive update on the Feeney Brothers...it's always good to hear from you and remember enjoy each and every day...Tahoe

ColinSTL likes this.
  3. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

Thanks bunches Tahoe! Same here and always know we're gonna be OK.

tahoebigbear likes this.
  4. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

cumishaamado Love Virgins, Couples & Girlfriend Experience

Thanks @ColinSTL for sharing your thoughts and my condolences to you and @Brent L. I miss both of you and celebrating your birthdays together here at the ranch.[smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

ColinSTL likes this.
  5. origlegman
    Chat with Me

origlegman Well-Known Member

;)[smilie=hi ya!.gif]Thank you Colin for the Feeney Brothers update and it’s always great hearing from you. Stay positive and remember to relish and enjoy each day that comes your way! [smilie=hi ya!.gif];)

ColinSTL and JadeMonroe like this.
  6. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

BigAlbowski Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update! It has been a bad year indeed... Lost my mother February 20 at age 89! All my best to you and Brent!
    Al

ColinSTL and JadeMonroe like this.
  7. wrb55rosco
    Chat with Me

wrb55rosco Well-Known Member

I remember hearing about your mother. Glad to hear you and Brent are still kicking?
    Go Cardinals

ColinSTL likes this.
  8. JadeMonroe
    Chat with Me

JadeMonroe Well-Known Member

My condolences to you and your brother… I hope you’re heart heals one day.

ColinSTL likes this.
  9. JadeMonroe
    Chat with Me

JadeMonroe Well-Known Member

My condolences to you as well.

BigAlbowski likes this.
  10. Though you're a regular presence on Twitter, nice to see you back on the Bunny Board, @ColinSTL ! Best wishes to you and Brent for a better second half of 2022.

ColinSTL likes this.
  11. thank you so very much for the Fabulous Feeney brothers update Colin! Please feel my condolences and share them with Brent as well. I'm glad you stopped in i was really beginning to wonder and still hope the best for you all. You are a much beloved part of our Bunnyranch and sister ranch families. Please stay in touch and also keep on keeping on!

All my sincerest love,

Air Force Amy

ColinSTL likes this.
  12. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

A much-belated thanks to all of you for the kind words on mom's passing. Her birthday, June 12, will now be a very bittersweet day for me, as it's not only her birthday, but the anniversary day of the St. Louis Blues winning their first Stanley Cup. It was the best birthday present she ever got. :)

And I think it's time for an update, so here goes: This has been, without a doubt, a very tough six month stretch, starting with mom's death. Then in July, we discovered that we had an infestation of bedbugs invading our apartment. Bites all over my arms and lover back. Quite a mess, to be sure. That also being said, I'm having Terminex do treatments to get rid of the problem, and it's all but solved after two treatments! They'll still come in every other Saturday for a while, but it's great to know we're doing something to get rid of the pests.

And for the icing on the cake, I finally got off my big butt and went to see a doctor for a checkup, and two days later, got the bloodwork back. And guess what?

Ladies and gentlemen -- I'm diabetic!

The good news in all of this is that I don't have to shoot myself, and I've already started to make adjustments in what I eat and stay away from regular soda non. I can still drink diet an zero sugar soda, and that's OK. I do miss regular Coke, but I can live without it. I'm eating a lot more salads and grilled foods, such as chicken, and I also am taking diabetic and high cholesterol medicine as well. The side effects of the cholesterol medicine is causing some -- uh -- interesting side effects, but I'm OK. Been taking it faithfully every day and so far, so good.

Brent and I still continue to keep going and striving, trying to to keep things down. Lately, things seem to be working out for the better and that's not a bad thing at all. I'm feeling better and I think a little more confient in things. Wish us luck everyone -- remember-- you can't keep the Fabulous Feeney Brothers down for long! :)

Let's go Cardinals! Let's go Blues! Let's go St. Louis City SC (new soccer team premering this coming spring in MLS)!

13. wrb55rosco
    Chat with Me

wrb55rosco Well-Known Member

As of today the Cardinals are. 75-55….Aug , 31 ,2022
    Albert Pujols , home run count is at. 694…..
    Colin, can they do it?

14. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

To quote the first part of the famed Ole Miss cheer:

"Hell yeah! Damn right!"

15. cumishaamado
    Chat with Me

cumishaamado Love Virgins, Couples & Girlfriend Experience

It''s great to hear from you @ColinSTL and thanks for the update!!! My prayers are always with you and Brent. My condolences to your mother. I missed celebrating your birthdays at the ranch.
    [smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]Let's keep in touch!!![smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    ColinSTL likes this.
  16. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

It will be a pleasure to Cumisha! I look forward to returning to the Ranches and having a long, long overdue party with you! ❤️

17. tahoebigbear
    Chat with Me

tahoebigbear Well-Known Member

good to get an update on the Feeney bros. about the diabetes, remember what your mom would say ....eat your vegetables ... also reduce the processed foods for fresh and try to stay away from added sugar...you can do it....

18. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

Thanks everyone! Hope all's well. Another update here: When I turned 62 back on Sept. 11, a week later, I applied for -- and was approved -- for Social Security! Now i do feel old! *lol*

But seriously folks -- I'll start receiving my SS in mid-November; not going to say how much, but I'm grateful for it, no question about it. It doesn't suck, that's for sure!

Unfortunately, I also had a bad experience with a indy lady when I took a trip to Philadelphia in mid-October. I won't go into the details on here, but I'll be glad to talk about it privately. Long story short: I was made to feel pretty bad at the party and eventually got tossed out.

I'm using this as a learning experience and moving on from there. There were some positives of my trip as well; I managed to get some writing work done and did well with it.

Been busy with the Illinois fall postseason with my writing job, and some more good news: Looks like we got rid of all the bedbugs in the apartment! Great news indeed!

Just hoping to salvage some good things from a year that hasn't gone very well for me in a lot of ways, and just look on to 2023 with new hopes and new adventures. Ready to go!

RunningSquirrel and tahoebigbear like this.
  19. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

It's now near the end of 2022 and I can't say that I'm sorry to see it go. Looking at 2023 by making some big changes in my life and starting to do more things both on my own and independently as well.

Thanks to everyone for your love, encouragement and support and here's to a better 2023 -- and maybe even, perhaps, a chance to return to the Ranches for long-overdue parties. And other adventures as well!

20. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

joe carbols Well-Known Member

Hi @ColinSTL and Brent. Sorry to hear about your adventures in 2022 especially the first semester of the year

My Deepest Condolences on the passing of your mother. She is in Heaven pain free and enjoying eternal life!

I’ve been off the boards most of 2022 with probably less than 20 posts all season ( not counting the past couple of days) although I did make it out in July for the annual LPIN awards and saw a couple of my ATF’s and other board members on the trip. I even won the prestigious Kit Kat wet T-Shirt contest with @cumishaamado as my partner. It was a very fun (but short lived event)

I’ve had an interesting year as well but my shit hole of the year was the second semester.

Not to get into too many details but I was in a very serious Walker Mower ZTR verses Subaru Outback accident. The Subaru literally saved my life. However, it happened on 9/11 and I ended up with a broken leg, broken foot and i destroyed my ankle (yes they do make artificial ankles for assholes like me.)

Needless to say I have been on a knee scooter and wearing Non Weight Bearing casts and a Huge Boot ( it goes up to my knee) since the accident an surgery in October

And now in North East Ohio “Baby it’s Cold Outside” and my current boot makes it hard to enjoy the winter snow we got from Blizzard Elliot as my toes and foot have no warmth or protection. But… that just means I stay indoors. The good news is I’m out of the boot on March 1

Like you and Brent I am looking forward to a better year in 2023

I wish you well on your medical conditions. I’m sure I don’t need to remind you about taking your meds, watching your diet and exercise and by the time you and Brent head out to a birthday party at the ranches you will have lost 50#’s or more making your party’s that much more fun.

May God Bless You and your family!!!
    Together we can make 2023 our best year ever

origlegman and RunningSquirrel like this.
  21. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

Thanks bunches for all the kind words Joe -- much obliged.

My bad thing happened in October, with a trip to Philadelphia that I'm glad I took a chance on, but in retrospect, now wish I didn't take. To make a long story short, I was plagued with money problems from the start and the party I was invited to, which was the biggest reason I went in the first place, turned out to be a disaster for me. Now I have an indie girl harassing me for something I don't want to talk about publicly, and I've been feeling down since then. At least I'm collecting Social Security now. *lol*

Sorry to hear about your accident, and I'm glad you're OK for the most part. Hang in there with you ankle and leg! I've been having aches and pains on myself, but so far, nothing serious. That said, it's time to put away 2022. It's been a mess.

Thanks again Joe; it was great to hear from you! Always wishing you the best!

Let's Go Blues!!!!!!!
    Colin

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  22. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Thanks @RunningSquirrel for liking my post. I hope your 2022 has been better than mine and Colin’s.
    Looking forward to getting back on the boards in a more full time mode but I still have a bunch of medical and insurance bills and coding on the various billing issues. But… it’s a great day to be Alive! And an even better day knowing I have you as a friend.

I am hoping our paths cross in 2023 and I’ll buy you that Diet Coke at the bar that I promised you back in late 2018.

Enjoy the New Year festivities and of course. “O” - “H” - “!” - “!”!!!! Go Buckeyes!!!!!!!

ColinSTL and RunningSquirrel like this.
  23. Hey, @joe carbols. Very sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident but hope that you're continuing to mend well. 2022 was okay but lost someone very dear to me over the holidays to cancer. Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I do hope we can meet up in the upcoming year and that we see you on the Board a little more often. Hope this weekend's Peach Bowl goes well for you! Happy 2023!

And since this is @ColinSTL 's original thread, wishing Colin and Brent a Happy New Year, too!

ColinSTL likes this.
  24. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Hi @ColinSTL , thanks for liking my post. I look forward to seeing you in 2023 and I’ll buy you that Diet Coke I promised you in 2018.

Blessings to you and your family for a happy, and healthy and prosperous New Year!!

ColinSTL likes this.
  25. ColinSTL
    Chat with Me

You got it Joe! Thanks bunches and an early Happy New Year to you!