POLL Livestream Appreciation Party (LAP): Date Range Vote

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrDude, Mar 23, 2019.

?

When would you like to see the LAP happen?

Poll closed Apr 7, 2019.
  1. July 4thish (June/July)

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
  2. End of Summer (Aug/Sept)

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  3. End/Beg of Year (Dec/Jan)

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. Springtime (Apr/May)

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. That's understandable! It's possible, but a challenge for me to travel due to so many bills. Hoping for a turn there in a couple of years

2. I don't know of any conflicts on this side for July 27th.

3. I'll put myself down as an 90% probable of attending on July 27th. Once I know if I pay or get a refund on taxes, I'll know what I can do that weekend. I do have a way to make decent $$$ in the next three months, but as we all know, sometimes things 'come up', so we'll see. With my birthday being that Friday night, and me having a STRONG urge to spend the evening with my favorite girl in the world, I'm going to be HIGHLY motivated to be in Carson City that weekend!

aztecwarrior2881 likes this.
  4. I go full out on July 4th. American Patriotism is so big that the French have "American parties" that look like forth of July. I will be in my red white and blues and a cowboy hat. And boots. Woot!!

5. It's looking like a saturday, July 27th event, but I'm partial to those that make July a month long red white and blue party @MickeeBee !

MickeeBee likes this.
  6. raz42071
    Chat with Me

raz42071 Well-Known Member

I agree with Mickie about July 4. There are usually July 4 festivities and a pool party anyway, and if I remember from a past visit, i do think that is Kiteh's birthday anyway. Perfect way to appreciate her.

aztecwarrior2881 and MickeeBee like this.
  7. gLip5
    Chat with Me

gLip5 Well-Known Member

Im voting for July 4th weekend as well. I agree with Raz's assessment that there are usually July 4th festivities going on that weekend. And according to her twitter, Miss Kiteh's bday is on the 4th, so why not do it on that day/weekend?

Also, I don't think it is right/fair to Juniper to do this and take away from her birthday party. Just my two cents...

8. raz42071
    Chat with Me

I recommend Amtrak. Cheaper than gas would be and really no difference in price even if you don't book til the last minute. That's my route since moving back to Cali last summer. It's quite an enjoyable trip.

9. Just let me know cause I'll set up the kit Kat myself for what ever day it is. I'm all about events [smilie=hot over you.gif]

10. I don't have anything against July 4th, but you'll have to fight Jessie over it.

Do we know when Juniper's party is scheduled to begin on the 27th? If we can avoid direct overlap it seems like we'd be adding to Juniper's party by bringing in more people to celebrate it.

Jessie Summers likes this.
  11. July 4th is awesome, but I can't do two trips in three weeks. I suppose i could be convinced to come three weeks earlier, but I'm really hoping for my own birthday :)

12. I can ask Juniper directly about her party plans. Her birthday itself is July 31st, as I understand it, this could be a "Juniper Birthday Weekend" more than just a regular 3-4 hour party, but I'll check on specifics with her!

13. raz42071
    Chat with Me

Exactly if everyone wants to make it Jessie and Juniper's birthday weekend, I think that's they way to go. The more the merrier.

But if we want a Livestream appreciation and Kiteh sure deserves the appreciation for all she does then back to July 4 for her birthday.

But if this is all about an excuse to have a board member get together , we've done that every year for over a decade. It's St Patrick's Day weekend .
    We can all plan to be there save up and make next year's the best ever!!!

14. I'm glad to hear more experienced voices chiming in. I didn't know that birthday parties can take over a weekend like that. I gravitated towards July 27th because it was the first date proposed and gave something concrete to organize around. July 4th weekend sounds like an excellent idea. Though I think aiming for the "weekend of July 4th" is better than aiming for the day, because when the 4th falls on Tuesday or Wednesday it might make travel more complicated. This year it's a Thursday so we could certainly aim for a Thurs-Sun type thing.

In my mind, the event is partially about an excuse to bring board members together, but with a different goal. (Caveat: I haven't been to it so I don't know, but) St. Patrick's Weekend seems about Customer Appreciation where the ranches put together an event for us and shower us with praise and fun. I figured this party would be the opposite, something put together by us to shower Kiteh and the other ladies with praise and fun. The audience is also slightly different because we could market the LAP out to the thousands of people who watch the broadcasts on youtube but don't chat or come to the boards.

15. Good point, @MrDude and appreciate you keeping the spirit of the idea up! Even though @Air Force Amy has nicely volunteered herself as liason and @MickeeBee is willing to prep the Kit Kat for the occasion, whatever we, as Board Members can do, should contribute as much to the cause (aside from showing up); otherwise, it can come off, like any idea that pops up in your typical workplace meeting as "We have this great idea but could someone else do the grunt work?"

16. Looks like the this is probably not going to happen now.
    I'm sure we will still have a 4th of July pool party.
    Thanks for great idea. Sorry it didn't work out.

[smilie=hi ya!.gif][smilie=hi ya!.gif][smilie=hi ya!.gif][smilie=hi ya!.gif][smilie=hi ya!.gif][smilie=hi ya!.gif][smilie=hi ya!.gif]

Madam Suzette has given the green light for us to go ahead with the 4th of July weekend!!!

We think this is perfect for several reasons

- 4 day holiday weekend! Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun.
    - More days and nights to party
    - More folks can attend
    - Plenty of lead time for travel planning (better airfares etc)
    - It can coincide with a major pool party (more gals in bikinis!)
    - Great reason for all your best BBQ talents
    - Kiteh Birthday 4th July! (makes this date a no brainer right there)
    - Already celebrating my favorite colors red, white and blue! (tee hee)

So, do the majority of us agree on the 4th of July LAP? wherein the LAP stands for "Livestream (and Ladies) Appreciation Party"?

Thank you so much for the FANTASTIC idea MrDude and also for all the support of our MBM's!

Mwaaah! [smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

17. Thanks so much for your support @Air Force Amy!

Sounds like we have lots of days to plan lots of fun. Everyone please share ideas for events to show our appreciation for Kiteh, your favorite ladies, and all the various things we appreciate about the ranches.

18. I'll let you all know if I switch my travel plans to July 4th or not. I've set nothing in absolute stone yet with my plans, and I do realize that more people would have July 4th off (certainly I would to, I believe, but I'd have to check my schedule/s too). I did have my own heart set on being in Mound House the evening of my birthday, so, selfishly, that's something I'd like to keep, plus I'd need to check with availability of the girl I'm partying with, so maybe the change over to 7/4 is not a 'deal-breaker' for me either. I know, given airline and travel prices, I can't come both weekends, so I'll figure it out!

19. [/QUOTE] Thank you Amy for hard work in getting Madam Suzette's approval for this party. How do we RSVP Madam Suzette? I'm a newbie to the ranches. When it will be a good time to make hotel reservations? I've only driven through Nevada.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2019
  20. Thanks to all who have shown interested and helped get this idea off the ground. Please continue with your ideas, support, and suggestions at the Official LAP Thread from here on out.

21. Also, a nod to @Jessie Summers , who "planted the seed," lol, so to speak. Great ideas from @MrDude and brother @Broadhildt , and just the mention of "more ladies in bikinis" poolside from @Air Force Amy was just the "boost" we needed, lol. I'm from the "Keep It Simple Stupid" school of thought (yes, mainly stupid in my case, thank you very much) re: events/activities--aside from parties, that is. The ladies would know much more about what would work, so their input would be most welcome.

22. Thank you Amy for hard work in getting Madam Suzette's approval for this party. How do we RSVP Madam Suzette? I'm a newbie to the ranches. When it will be a good time to make hotel reservations? I've only driven through Nevada.[/QUOTE]

I would say RSVP here on the board or myself [email protected]. Madam Suzette has delegated the party planning to us gals while she gives approvals.

The sooner, the better with hotel reservations, although once I get an idea of the # of guests attending, I will contact the Carson City Marriott & GDW to block a number of rooms for us.

Thank you aztecwarrior2881. [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

23. I concur! I offer a HUGE THANK YOU from the recesses of my heart to @jessiesummers, @MrDude, @Broadhildt and all ideas and members that contribute and support us so very much, all the time. THANK YOU!!!!!

24. I'm staying with my original plan of visiting in late July, but by all means, have a great July 4th weekend! I'll make the rounds in Mound House to say hi and buy some drinks when I'm in town!

gLip5 likes this.

25. My deepest apologies to @Jessie Summers for not initially recognizing that this was your idea. I'm sorry I did not check with you first if you could make it July 4th. I truly hope the 4th of July turns out to be better for you.

To be honest with you, due to my misinterpretation of your handle and avatar, I thought you were a working girl :oops::rolleyes:o_O:confused:;) so I just assumed as a WG you would always put the client's needs first.

I am so sorry! I always mean to give credit where credit is due, I am so sorry to not have initially recognized you.

Free bottle of champagne from me to you to celebrate with @JuniperJones on her birthday, ok? :)

26. Looks like the this is probably not going to happen now. I'm sure we will still have a 4th of July pool party.
    I deleted that thread due to the idea dissolving after it was mentioned that more people get recognition. The original idea was getting lost and the originators could not attend and/or dropped out of the mainframe of planning.

I'm all for any parties you all ever want to do. I will always be of help. I will MYOB and let you guys just do what y'all do. Cheers! Love you all!

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  27. I wasn't dropping out of planning at all. I was just getting intimidated by how quickly everything was growing. I want to incorporate everyone's ideas and I think it's a fantastic idea to recognize you and everything you've done. I just don't know those things because I've only known the ranches existed for 6 months or so. Please don't take my last comment on the other thread as me wanting to back out. It was more about me wanting to invite more qualified people in.

28. No harm, no foul. No pointing fingers. It just wouldn't be the same without you in charge and JS not being able to attend. It looked like it was getting more resistance than support.

The buck doesn't stop here with me. Suzette already approved the party. It can definitely still happen if you want it to.

29. There's no need to apologize or change plans on my behalf. In fact, my summer travel plans to Nevada are now very much in jeopardy altogether, as I'm being hit with a VERY large federal payment for taxes. Run with the idea and have fun with it, I just need to be very specific about the dates I'd be able to travel. If that worjs for something just like this, great, if not, that's OK too

30. I say we forge ahead and forget the misunderstanding. I absolutely still want to work with you to make this event happen. I think iSurfer brought up some great points that need to be addressed, and I didn't take it as resistance, he was just providing the perspective of a veteran ranch client that I don't have.

31. OK, so how about a poll as to whether people would attend the 4th of July weekend?

Any reason for a party is a great reason for a party as far as I am concerned.

32. I think I need to start a new thread to start a new poll. So I'll do that tomorrow after this poll officially closes. @isurfer, would you mind if I re-post your comments from the other thread? Because I think they're all valid points that should be addressed.

Also, is there a collection of more veteran board members that would be willing to serve as an "advisory board" to the event planning? We could workshop ideas and concerns in a private group conversations rather than in the glare of the public eye.

Broadhildt and aztecwarrior2881 like this.
  33. How about you guys decide what dates you want, how many days/nights/hours you want.

Whether to go with the original idea, expand it or change it entirely and which activities you want.

I'll stay out of the planning and idea stages and be here to make all the on property logistics work.

I'll add pertinent travel, lodging and ground transportation information. I will also help with getting the word out via newsletter, hard copy invitations and sticky the thread you want as an announcement in this forum.

34. If you want to weigh in the fate of the LAP, please go vote and comment on this new thread: July 4th Appreciation Party?

Long story short: Yes, limited-scope Livestream AP. Yes, community supported Ladies AP. No, you're out of your element Donny.

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  35. KikiLover
    Chat with Me

KikiLover ♛ Middle Eastern Princess ♛

This is such an interesting thread,
    thanks for posting [smilie=heart fill with love.gif]