New Article

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jsansone, May 2, 2020.

1. ROADRUNNER J likes this.
  2. Good article? Wow, the author of this article must have mass emailed every brothel and every working girl in the industry. When I got his email, I looked at the source, "The Daily Beast" and deleted the request as I do with all alleged reporters and journalists.

He (the alleged journalist) was fishing, fishing for anything to write so he could have a sexy, controversial, juicy story and you guys gave it to him for free for no reason that helps you in any way.

I just can't believe women in our industry "still" talk to any reporter ever again.

Naivety.

It just burns me up that alleged 'journalists" USE unsuspecting ladies to give HIM a headline.

Annoying bullshit opportunist.....

I mean, really was it anything other than 'what if", "opinion", "speculation" and a couple of statements extracted in the context of what he wanted........

I doubt many people are worried about and having opinions about what we are and are not doing and what may or may not happen.

BUT as long as gals talk to these alleged journalists they GIVE them a story to write and an article for people to read to begin to have strong opinions about us NOT reopening.

Ladies, PLEASE! NO news is good news as far as the general public needs to be concerned about us at this time.

PLEASE, coming from ME, because I care about getting back to work quickly and getting back to seeing my clients as quickly and as soon as possible, PLEASE do not give anyone anything to write about us! DO NOT talk to reporters., They are NOT on your side!!!!!!!!

Look, this could be a very opportune time for our privileged licenses to be yanked and our doors closed forever or for a very, very long time.

DO NOT give them the ammunition to do it out of our owns mouths and in our own names. Please.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2020
  3. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

joe carbols Well-Known Member

You are so correct @Air Force Amy. Unlike the author, you are genuine and have always cared for your sisters in the ranches and the industry itself. That is why you are the Greatest of All Time and you are the Living Legend in the industry for many many years!!!

You will always have my support. I hope you start back up soon but I don’t see it until mid June at the earliest but the most important milestone is to get all the courtesans their stimulus bonus and unemployment benefits.

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  4. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Jim DiGriz Well-Known Member

As an alternative to not saying anything, can the ladies (if approached) tell the reporter to contact the Nevada Brothel Association? Or is this a case of either (1) the press will not give brothels positive coverage or (2) the Nevada Brothel Association doesn't do press releases?

5. Sure, that would be better than talking to some stranger about the states of our own affairs for sure.

I think the ladies get confused to thinking that a lot of press and news media coverage is good because that is what it "looked" like Dennis would do.

However, we need to realize that Dennis was doing all the 'spinning" of the stories and he knew how to answer questions to spin the stories in our favor. Dennis also took a beating in the press but his presence in the press was so overwhelming that 5 or 10 bad stories could easily get buried in the tons of stories that he spun in our favor.

I thought we were all supposed to run any media requests by Suzette. That is the way it has been since Dennis passed, I don't know why gals are not respecting that.

6. Lunch Buffett
    Chat with Me

Lunch Buffett Well-Known Member

The headline is misleading. It is riskier to live in jails, nursing homes and New York because those people have fewer options than the rest of us. I wouldn't want to risk working in a meat packing plant.

If I go into a store, how do I tell if the person helping me is friendly? With everyone wearing masks, I can't tell if they're smiling or not.

7. I’m scared to do interviews because of the possibility that they would twist my words around in a negative way. But these people never ask me anyway, I’m not interesting enough lol. :)

Built tough likes this.
  8. Brilliant minds do think alike. @Built tough

I have a blue print for a way to set up a 501 legal brothel aide society.....
    I would def need help in writing bylaws, charter, business plan etc.....

Old Nick, Built tough and Hiker dude like this.
  9. I'm not factual, but I think part of the legalization is 'discretion'. We don't talk about fight club! Maybe it's best leave well enough alone and enjoy what we have. An old boss I liked told me "it's the squeaky wheel that gets greased"

10. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

In one part of the article, it mentions people still coming up and ringing the doorbells. I’ve heard about that before, even people driving by to see if the brothels are really shutdown.

Built tough likes this.
  11. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I bet Guinasso and all the other brothel opponents are just loving this. Do you think he prayed for the coronavirus? I’m sure he did.

Built tough likes this.
  12. I don’t think he cares anymore. Probably found a new thing to focus on. :)

Old Nick likes this.
  13. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

I guess he got tired of falling on his face each time. He’s the Wile E Coyote of Nevada.

B2EE88D1-D180-424D-98A4-A865CA799EAA.gif

Built tough likes this.