THE BUNNY RANCH IS NOT IN NOT VEGAS!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tony Dark, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

Tony Dark Well-Known Member

Ok I was talking to two guys from work who know I go to Vegas but don't know I come to the Bunny Ranch and they said they want to go to the Bunny Ranch. I told them it's not in Vegas. They thought it was. I told them it is in Carson City about a 7 hour drive or an hour flight from Vegas.
    Is there anyway we could post this on the boards or the website? I am shocked that people still think it's in Vegas.

AsiaFoxxx, John N Ga and Old Nick like this.
  2. I get that scenario thrown at me all the time. I correct a lot of guys I know & highly stress the advantages of going to them. I think the house & customers should have an affiliate marketing deal worked out. Next time out I would like to talk this one out with madam suzette. As a businessman word of mouth is your best advertisement & that kickback would be awesome.Ponder that one marketing crew.;)

Tony Dark and Old Nick like this.
  3. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

I don’t get why people think the Bunnyranch is in Vegas. They must not have seen the HBO show. It explicitly mentions it’s nowhere near Vegas.

I never heard about the Bunnyranch being Vegas before seeing abolitionists screaming about it on Twitter.

Sharky and Tony Dark like this.
  4. isurfer
    Chat with Me

isurfer Well-Known Member

If a lot of people watch livestream that might be a good place to advertise where the ranches are located so the word gets out to those that don't know that the brothels are close to Carson City/Reno and not Las Vegas. Some people from the midwest and east of the Mississippi River think that Las Vegas is the only big city in Nevada. Some also think that Phoenix is the only big city in Arizona so it doesn't surprise me that a lot of potential visitors aren't well versed in U.S. geography. I'm not good at U.S. geography either, I only know places in California, Nevada, and Arizona. I have trouble finding Ohio on a map, and have no clue as to where the cities Cleveland and Cincinnati are in the state (sorry Bailey), even though between the 2 they have 5 major league sports teams that I've heard of and followed in the NFL, MLB and NBA.

5. It is posted in the Directions and the FAQ Tony.

I always make sure whomever is beginning to make plans to see me does know that we are not located near Las Vegas.

I get many requests every day that think I am in Las Vegas. I tell them, in part, the following...

"We are located 30 miles South of Reno, 8 hrs North of Las Vegas or a one hour commuter flight from Las Vegas.

Southwest Airlines has economical hourly commuter flights back and forth and we pick you up and provide free R/T ground transportation from the airport to Bunnyranch (30 min) both ways.

Do you want to do the aforementioned? Take a commuter flight to here? Lot's of people do. RNO is a really small airport and real easy to get in and out of. I promise to make it worth your while!"

6. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

I think an pop up on Livestream would be cool like Bunny Ranch not in Vegas only in Carson City.

Sharky and isurfer like this.
  7. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

Amy I think the information and directions you wrote should be on the front page of the website.

8. I think that is a good idea too Tony!

9. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

I think it would help because it tells people where you are and how to get there.

10. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

All people need to do is Google it. Problem solved. Just shows they've never been.

11. raz42071
    Chat with Me

raz42071 Well-Known Member

What kills me is that when I first watched Cat House and heard of the ranch, i was doing so on the couch delerious with 104 degree fever and called the ranch and figured out it was a short drive from Reno.

So even in my delerious state I could figure out its not near f'n Vegas. Get a clue people!!!!

Sharky likes this.
  12. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

I was talking with one of the bartenders at LRN about this same exact problem. She was amazed, even after all this time, how people still think the ranches are either in Vegas or close by. Then I said people can Google it, and I would add two more additional words: Google Maps. Plug in the ranches and there you go.

But she said people can't even do that. Despite the fact our smartphones have GPS up the wazoo, and Google Maps is free?

Sharky likes this.
  13. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

A sad but true fact is that Americans majorly suck at two things: history and geography. Isurfer makes valid points here.

I remember the results of a geography survey done many, many years ago. Americans did the second worst; the Russians were dead last. I wouldn't be surprised if they conducted the survey now, we would come in last and the Russians placing above us (maybe far above us).

Sharky likes this.
  14. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

This sounds like an education problem. May I suggest we pose this to the ladies who were teachers in their previous careers for their input? Abby Avery and Imogen Steele immediately come to mind, and they can bring the perspective of both the American and English education systems. I believe Oliva Bentley was a teacher as well. And I would also suggest Christine Fowler as well. She's training to be a Montessori teacher, so she can bring in that viewpoint.

Sharky likes this.
  15. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

TiredFrog Well-Known Member

This has been going on for so many years... I think people have the picture in their mind that LV is where one goes for pleasure and never stop to research or think beyond that. The info is very readily out there in many locations if they would just look.

Sharky and Old Nick like this.
  16. RubyRae
    Chat with Me

RubyRae Well-Known Member

You’d be surprised with how many people don’t know where Reno is!

Me: The Bunny Ranch is not near Vegas, it’s near Reno.
    People: isn’t Reno near Vegas?

Sharky, grizzly, Tony Dark and 3 others like this.
  17. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

Oy vey! I wouldn't be surprised if they also confuse Lake Mead with Tahoe.

Sharky likes this.
  18. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

I thought about you when I was talking to them I know you post it on your Twitter a lot.

19. Sakaki
    Chat with Me

Sakaki Well-Known Member

Just let them go to Vegas and learn the hard way.

Sharky likes this.
  20. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

I really wanted to come to the Bunny Ranch so I did my research and found out it was in Carson! I think one of the cool things about the Bunny Ranch is the location! It's Beautiful outside and then you see all the Beautiful Ladies on the inside! Its peaceful and quiet when you need a moment from the fun!
    So I'm glad it's not in Vegas.

John N Ga likes this.
  21. For people who don’t travel much and school was a loooong time ago, it can be pretty easy to not know where cities are. If you gave me a blank map of the U. S. and told me to fill in all of the states and their cities by the dots, I will likely get at least a third of them wrong. Although, I remember all the state capitals for some reason. The human brain is strange. :)

Sharky and RubyRae like this.
  22. hikino
    Chat with Me

hikino Well-Known Member

Well, at least you remember all of the capitals, so that puts you ahead of a lot of people. Though I think I would score the same as you.

But as some have stated, we have apps like Google Maps and I stated our phones have GPS up the yin yang, so between the two to pinpoint your location, you can plug in the address of one of the ranches (or just the name, and let autofill take it from there) and it will show you where the ranch is, and how to get there. It'll only take a minute, tops! But some people can't even do that. What I'm trying to say is, yes, we Americans are totally deficient in geography, but it can be offset by technology. But technology isn't worth the OLED screen it's shown on if it isn't used.

23. I get just as many emails about the bunny ranch being in Vegas as I do to sign up for credit cards

Tony Dark likes this.
  24. RubyRae
    Chat with Me

RubyRae Well-Known Member

Haha, you are so kind, Roxy!

For me, it’s not that people don’t know where Reno or the Bunny Ranch is in comparison to Vegas, etc. — it’s more that they don’t Google before reaching out to ladies time and time again. It definitely gets frustrating.

25. raz42071
    Chat with Me

raz42071 Well-Known Member

For those that need assistance:

Go to Google
    Type: Moonlite Bunny Ranch to Las Vegas
    Click Search

Is it really that hard? :D

wrb55rosco and Tony Dark like this.
  26. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

In my small town some people would say
    Google, what da fuk is Google?
    And why is everyone going to the Amazon to shop?lol

27. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

I'm sure some email to see you!

28. From time to time I get text messages from friends in my hometown.

“Hi! I’m in Vegas for a convention! Would love to grab a meal and catch up with you. When are you free?”

“I’m about 8 hours from Vegas lol. But have a great time.”

“Oh! Did you move?”

“Nah. I’m in the northern part of Nevada by Lake Tahoe. If you’re ever up there, I would absolutely love to grab lunch.”

That usually clears it up, hehe :)

29. I fly back and forth to Las Vegas as a day trip all the time. I fly back and forth with an 8 hr photo shoot packed in between flights in a single day all the time. It's real easy and quite hassle free as far as I am concerned and I am a picky traveller.

30. Tony Dark
    Chat with Me

My first trip to the ranch I was staying in Vegas so I flew up for the day and flew back that night it can be done but it is easier to fly up stay at the gold dust or do an Overnight with one of the ladies!

31. I cannot stress enough that Reno and Las Vegas are quite some distance apart if your staying in Las Vegas chances are your not making the 7 hour journey

Power&glory83 and Jessie Summers like this.