What did you eat today?

Discussion in 'Games' started by AlexaWu, Apr 13, 2020.

1. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

AlexaWu Well-Known Member

Started the day off with a cup of coffee and a banana :)

ponykeg, Pizza Man and joe carbols like this.
  2. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

Canadian1987 Well-Known Member

Cupcakes and resses's peanut butter chocolate eggs

AlexaWu likes this.
  3. BigAlbowski
    Chat with Me

BigAlbowski Well-Known Member

Ham and Eggs and some fruit [smilie=happy.gif]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    AlexaWu likes this.
  4. Ms. Alexa.. started with breakfast:

Coffee, red's organic bean & cheese burrito.

workout

Protein shake

Lunch:

Apple, quest protein bar, small amount of almonds, tangy sesame-citrus chicken from Freshly

AlexaWu likes this.
  5. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

joe carbols Well-Known Member

Hey there Amazing @AlexaWu , my breakfast was 2 brown free range eggs scrambled with a slice of Gouda cheese with two pieces of multi-grain bread and Diet Coke.

AlexaWu likes this.
  6. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Snack: Quinoa salad, chips with ranch dip
    Lunch: Fried rice and japchae

joe carbols and Florida Couple like this.
  7. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Ok, Amazing @AlexaWu i give up. What is japchae??

Like I mentioned last week I’m still eating home made lasagna the widow next door made for me. Thank God yesterday wasn’t Easter as I made a wonderful Polish Easter dinner for me and my VFW friends. But there are no leftovers.

Guess what I’m having for dinner tomorrow????

8. TN_MAN
    Chat with Me

TN_MAN Well-Known Member

I got up at 8 am and had a protein shack (chocolate). Then I burned 850 cals on my Nordic track. For lunch I had mac and cheese and for a snack just now I had and apple with crackers/cheese.

9. @AlexaWu so, we both has Asian for lunch. Let’s just say, the Mr has a thing. Now, I need an Asian snack or two (with the Mrs)

10. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Oh my Fabulous @Florida Couple, are we talking about Siopao, Zhajiangmian or maybe just Korean Beef Bowl, Chicken Adobo, Lumpia’s???

Oh I’m getting hungry.

Florida Couple likes this.
  11. @joe carbols tangy sesame citrus chicken over rice :)

for the Asian snack was hoping for @AlexaWu and the Mrs (she’s Asian too) [smilie=hot over you.gif]

AlexaWu and joe carbols like this.
  12. Pizza Man
    Chat with Me

Pizza Man Well-Known Member

Leftover chicken tacos for lunch.....then leftover Panda Express for dinner with teriyaki chicken and honey walnut shrimp. SUPER YUM!

13. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Thank you @AlexaWu for the follow. You are Amazing!!!

14. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

I want some of that lasagna, yum!
    Japchae is a 'healthy' Korean noodle dish.

I used this recipe and added extra vegetables, no meat and half the amount of sugar. It was delicious! It's a common entree and usually a sidedish at Korean restaurants.

You are amazing too! :cool:

joe carbols likes this.
  15. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Mac and Cheese is my childhood (and adult) favorite! Can easily eat 3 big bowls of it. Did you make it or order it?

16. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

MMM dessert. A meal all on its own and has a rightful separate stomach. Cant wait to whip up delectables with you both!

Florida Couple likes this.
  17. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Panda Express is my guilty Americanized Chinese Food! Teriyaki sauce makes everything nice. YUM!

Pizza Man likes this.
  18. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

Cupcakes again now they are gone

AlexaWu likes this.
  19. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

One of my favorite desserts! What flavor? Do you enjoy baking? I cant find flour or yeast to get my bread and cake baking on!

20. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Breakfast: Like a true Asian, had wontons for breakfast.
    Lunch: Will be making an arugula salad with quinoa salad. Double the salad power ;)

21. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

Chocolate, Vanilla and swril, I didn't bake them, I can't cook to save my life.

They were part of my mom's easter dinner that she made

AlexaWu likes this.
  22. wrb55rosco
    Chat with Me

wrb55rosco Well-Known Member

As of right now, nothing! BUT I smell coffee..............

AlexaWu likes this.
  23. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Thanks for the recipe Princess. Is @AlexaWu a carnivore or herbivore?? If I wanted to add meat is pork better than beef??? What about lamb or turkey?? It looks great I will try some once my lasagna has been eaten hopefully next week

thanks for the compliment!!!!

24. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Herbivore although I occasionally indulge in meat :)

25. Wife just made chicken and vegetable lo mein for dinner. :)

AlexaWu likes this.
  26. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Semi-homemade mushroom pizza with cherry tomato and garlic marinara sauce. Only the dough was purchased since flour and yeast are always sold out now! :p

joe carbols and JerryVestal like this.
  27. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

My parents and I had Sam's Club rotisserie chicken, corn from our garden that was freezer bagged last year, and boiled potatoes.

AlexaWu likes this.
  28. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Corn from the garden sounds lovely. I never had luck growing it without bugs eating the kernels. How do you guys prepare the soil and keep the bugs away?

JerryVestal likes this.
  29. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

We do use pesticides but very lightly watered down on all the crops. But we still wash the crops when picked, Miracle Grow does have safe pesticides to use. But growing the plants in clay ground is a pain-in-the-ass, you have to wait until mid-May to start plowing the ground, or else you will destroy the tractor plow and cultivator attachments because the ground will still be frozen. As for the soil prepping for plants like corn, just make a small v-shaped row, keep the planting corn kernels about a foot apart (3 kernels to a spot is good) and lightly cover the row that it may look some what flat, that will keep most critters from seeking out your seeds. Most other plants like peppers, cabbage, lettuce require a powder called "Lime' to help the starter plants grow healthy and fast, now starter plants, those you want to plant a week after Memorial Day, reason is most of the frost from the early to mid spring time is over and done with and won't kill the plants off. Same goes for flowers and potted plants put outside. As for keeping critters out of the garden, fence the damn thing good. Critters will go after those plants more than the plants and flowers in the field. If you have to put a "Have-A-Heart" trap up near the garden with the fences, do it, or you'll have to be really good with a rifle or bow and arrows/crossbows. Fair warning.

30. Red beans and rice. I ordered a costco sized sack of New Orleans red beans weeks ago and used the hock from my Easter ham.

My bread hasn't been rising lately as I switched to an Amazon ordered yeast. There's nothing sadder than a half risen loaf of bread.

JerryVestal likes this.
  31. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

That is a shame Amazing @AlexaWu that you can not get yeast or flour. I made a loaf of yeast free bread yesterday to go with my Lasagna. It only has three ingredients and super simple to make.

Today is a milestone day as it will be my last day of eating fresh homemade Lasagna that the widow next door made for me for appreciation of the fresh flowers I gave her.

Can I get an AMEN!!!!

32. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Clay is hard to work with. Squirrels and other animals always go for our plums, apples, tomatoes and cucumbers. Fox urine is a good deterrent and needs to be reapplied every week which quickly adds up.. to pay for pee at $20 a small bottle. I would be too nervous to get close to the Have-A-Heart and release - in case a skunk or possum was caught.

You have quite the green thumb! Would love to see photos if you have time :)

JerryVestal likes this.
  33. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Rice and beans is a classic. Simple and good. What types of beans do you like? Yeast (and flour) is hard to find now. There are a few recipes out there for yeast less bread. Hope your loaf wakes up and finishes rising ;)

34. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

I want some lasagna! Thanks to you, made a big pot of spaghetti sauce since there are pasta noodles on hand. What is your yeast less bread recipe? @fPonias may be interested too!

35. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Breakfast: Coffee and pizza
    Lunch: Spaghetti

joe carbols likes this.