How are you spending your free time now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ImogenSteele, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Aargh, covid has me up in arms, and I'm sure you all are too. So tell me - how are you spending your days? Do you enjoy a good glass of wine and a book? Maybe you're doing that job around the house you never seem to get too! I'm spending a lot more time in nature, chilling on either a deserted beach or having a dip if I can.

Remember - if you ever get lonely you know where to message us!

Nga mihi![​IMG]

2. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

AlexaWu Well-Known Member

Wine - always!

A lot of cuddling and reading with my dogs, cleaning and cooking. Forgot how much I enjoy cooking.

Relaxing on a deserted beach sounds perfect. Wish I were on the next flight out. Will dream about it tonight :)

ImogenSteele and gilmore270 like this.
  3. Cuddling sounds great right about now! what are you reading?

Attached Files:

4. Walking the dogs. Like twice a day. Mr. Yaps took me 10 miles the other day.

ImogenSteele likes this.
  5. Old Nick likes this.
  6. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

Canadian1987 Well-Known Member

I am taking the advice of scientist and playing video games because who am I to argue with science?

AlexaWu likes this.
  7. Ooh what do you play? Whats your favorite console?

8. kmerrill
    Chat with Me

kmerrill Well-Known Member

A mixture of video games, YouTube, and writing. I want to add anime to the mix soon. It's been months since I've watched something.

ImogenSteele likes this.
  9. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Please share photos! Am a gardener myself and so rewarding enjoying the hardwork and seeing other peoples! You have your hands full, full of good stuff! :)

10. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Rereading "Untethered soul". Brought a lot of peace the first time and what better time than now to reread a good book. :)

11. Canadian1987
    Chat with Me

Canadian1987 Well-Known Member

I just finished the new DOOM game

12. I'm decluttering, volunteering in my neighborhood, working on my ATV's, exercising, reaching out, growing my hair, yard work, relaxing, zoom meetings, my own mani pedis, self care, spoiling my cat.

A lot more Facebook, just checking in here and not so much Twitter and Insta (I dislike Instagram).

Thinking opening an eBay store and home studio....

ImogenSteele and Built tough like this.

13. Farm life is the good life! Good for you! I admire your work ethic @Built tough

ImogenSteele and Built tough like this.
  14. Lunch Buffett
    Chat with Me

Lunch Buffett Well-Known Member

Since NASCAR and IndyCar racing has been delayed, I've found that drivers have been competing virtually in simulation racing. The most tech savvy drivers have been broadcasting their practice sessions on Twitch.

The most interesting race I've seen so far was a trophy truck race on a virtual Reno, Nevada, racetrack featuring IndyCar drivers, NASCAR drivers, NHRA drag racers, global rally cross drivers and monster truck drivers

ImogenSteele likes this.
  15. Wow! How cool is that? Very cool!

ImogenSteele and Lunch Buffett like this.
  16. You certainly are being kept busy! I wouldn’t mind some fresh strawberries and blueberries. Great for them up and go smoothies! I haven’t watched classics for a long time. I watched Gone with the wind (haven’t we all?) a long time ago and didn’t mind an Elvis movie or two. Do you at least get some help on the farm? Breeding season for the dogs sounds like a lot of work but that means PUPPIES!

Built tough likes this.
  17. I read an article recently that some of those drivers could be losing their jobs because of those broadcasts! Is that true?

18. How are those self mani pedis turning out?? Decluttering could be something I could do actually, both physically and spiritually. Opening the eBay store will be a lot of work wouldn’t it?

19. Lunch Buffett
    Chat with Me

Lunch Buffett Well-Known Member

One driver lost contact with his spotter and used a racial slur over the in-game chat. His comment was broadcast through a Twitch streamer's channel. I don't think he realized his in-game chat was going public. The team owner fired him the next day to avoid losing sponsors.

There was another driver that wrecked his car early in a virtual race. He didn't understand the cause of the wreck and he quit the race early. Then he complained on Twitter. His sponsor wasn't pleased with his performance and withdrew their support.

ImogenSteele likes this.
  20. [smilie=happy.gif]
    Wow! Goes to show though - be careful what ya say online because you never know who’s watching (says the person commenting on a message board) [smilie=happy.gif]

Built tough and Lunch Buffett like this.
  21. What kind of anime do you enjoy?

22. Spending our time in different ways.

Mrs not too too much changed, she worked from home before covid and was a homebody/ some social anxiety. Mrs did start binging on junk food and wine with the Mr

Mr.. working out alone, running alone, computer games, reading.... more forum posting.

23. kmerrill
    Chat with Me

Mainly anything with a great story. I'm a sucker for sci-fi. I've seen all the Ghibli films, A Silent Voice, Your Name., and some other anime films. As shows go, I've seen all of Code Geass, Black Lagoon, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai, FMAB, Death Note, and K. I've also seen one season of Fairy Tail, a bunch of Pokemon when the game was released, and most of Mega Man NT Warrior when I watched it years ago.

ImogenSteele likes this.
  24. That’s a lot of anime! I’ve heard about it but never paid to much attention to it. If I was to watch one what would you recommend?

25. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

Love pentunias! Have you seen the variegated blueish white petunias mixed with dark purple calibrachoa? One of my favorite hanging flower basket combos.

Built tough likes this.
  26. kmerrill
    Chat with Me

I recommend starting with the Studio Ghibli movies as they're very friendly to new viewers of the medium.

ImogenSteele likes this.
  27. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

I’m fortunate to still be working through the pandemic, in my full time job at Lifetime and my side gig with Uber Eats. In what little downtime I have, I’ve been playing video games. I was playing Doom when the pandemic started, then I picked up Animal Crossing on the Switch, and I’m hooked.

I’m also playing RBI Baseball 20.

28. Adjustments Copy.jpg
    My favorite way of spending time! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29. That's a good book. :)

AlexaWu likes this.
  30. Arthur Dent
    Chat with Me

Arthur Dent Well-Known Member

What free time? I'm working at home.

ImogenSteele likes this.
  31. Davefem
    Chat with Me

Davefem Active Member

Getting rid of old clothes. It is time to purge unfit clothes.

32. So happy for you xxx

Arthur Dent likes this.
  33. Yessss xxx

34. Working during the pandemic due to my FDA credentials. When I do get a day off I'm shopping or doing errands for friends and family so they don't have to be out among the stupid people who violate the stay home orders or who refuse to wear masks.
    Stained 3 fences and laid pavers for 4 houses and prepped some gardens/grow boxes.
    Its nice not being cooped up and its nice to be busy but would love a week or 2 off so I could read a book.

35. Cooking, studying Russian, art, hiking, yoga body trapeze

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk