I did a thing today! Share your daily achievements big and small!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoxyGold, Jul 1, 2019.

1. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

TiredFrog Well-Known Member

Oh I fully intend to, only longer next time!

2. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

I puff few times on old fashion style parody cigars (my grandfather on my dad's side used to smoke that style and he lived to be in his eighties, strong cigars, but nice smell to them.) and pipe tobacco about two to three times a week. I hope the vape works for you Miss Roxy Gold!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  3. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

980B571A-0CCB-4B01-84AA-3845D4AAB3F5.jpeg

Everything good in my life had a catch to it. I’m on week four of working at Lifetime, and carpel tunnel is setting in in my right hand. Sadly, I don’t get to sign up for insurance for at least another month, so I just gotta deal till then.

What can I say? I work too damn hard.

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  4. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

joe carbols Well-Known Member

Good for you Foxy @RoxyGold. I hope you enjoy some great flavors

JerryVestal likes this.
  5. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Speaking of food, theCooking @cumishaamado I helped my friends at our American Legion Hall raise over $5,000 at the 10th annual Pig Roast dinner tonight at our small town First Friday celebration. 500 pounds (3 hogs) of great smoked pulled pork.

Tomorrow it’s Balloons Over Wadsworth another “Big”. Event for our small town. I’ve earned 10 entries in the balloon ride tomorrow evening. I hope I win.

JerryVestal likes this.
  6. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

I hope you heal up soon brother. My dad had to deal with that for being a retired sheet metal worker.

7. Lunch Buffett
    Chat with Me

Lunch Buffett Well-Known Member

At work I was appointed the Alternate Team Safety Leader. That's strange because in an emergency I'm usually the first person to panic. Of course the Team Safety Leader doesn't like any of my good ideas. Tape your blood type to your shoes? No! Rally at the Culver's across the street? No! Wear protective helmets in case of a tornado? No! Flotation devices in case of a flood? No! I'll probably have to learn CRP too. :eek:

JerryVestal and Ragazo Solo like this.
  8. That sounds fun! Congrats on raising so much moo-lah for your charity! :)

JerryVestal and joe carbols like this.
  9. Ragazo Solo
    Chat with Me

Ragazo Solo Well-Known Member

I have to do the safety thing to at work as well. There are only so many safety topics out there before you have to make stuff up. I also am in charge of teaching how to run the heavy equipment. Tomorrow is Monday.... sigh.

Was going to put a ceramic coating on my "nice" car today but noticed a couple of very slight scratches so will have to buff those out first. Cmon next weekend!

JerryVestal and Lunch Buffett like this.
  10. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

53249A01-D1F4-4642-AA99-40D9ACF25C05.jpeg 745EA220-5A70-4AB1-9E20-3D6CEB75C4D6.jpeg
    Thank you foxy @RoxyGold for your congratulations on our fund raiser. I had 10 chances to get a balloon ride but.... maybe next year.

Here are some pics on how we have fun on a Saturday night in wonderful Wadsworth. Please share with @baileypaige I know Bails knows where this is at.

JerryVestal likes this.
  11. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Well it happened Saturday, not today sorry. I went to a cousin's wedding, it was held in at Mill Creek National Park, in their Rose Garden. Beautiful ceremony, the reception party was great. At the calling of single men to catch the garter, my relatives were urging me on, but I didn't want to because I'm in my forties, I feel this for the younger guys, but no one was lining up, so I went up anyways, then ten younger men joined me. I wasn't planning on catching it, I was letting the younger guys get it instead, so I put a weak effort in catching it just for show, and guess what, I caught it. So my cousin and her husband, the woman who caught the flowers, and I got together for a group photo. They didn't do the putting on the garter on the lady who caught the flowers, my cousin and her husband didn't want the lady to feel uncomfortable, (since the lady was my cousin's cousin from the other side of the family, can you say awkward, would it been worse if it one of our cousins from the same side of the family). The garter was in the colors of my cousin and her husband's favorite football team (mine as well) the Cleveland Browns (brown and orange) with a Cleveland Brown's helmet medal on the garter. I also gave my Uncle Anthony one of my parodi cigars. He is a cigar smoker like me, he doesn't care for loosely wrapped cigars, they have a bad taste and burn to quickly, but loved the cigar I gave him that came from Italy from the Toscano Co., they make their tightly wrapped which makes it slow burn and fantastic taste. We get a our cigars from a local cigar store Havana House. My Uncle Anthony's grandfather and my grandfather from my dad's side used to smoke parodi cigars.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  12. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

I gave my dad and mom a gift card to some of their favorite restaurants while they are on their week long road trip anniversary vacation. They have been married for 48 years.

Ragazo Solo likes this.
  13. How fun! Catching the garter or the bouquet at a wedding is something you always remember. My bestie @baileypaige is a big Browns fan and I just like brown and orange (green too, but I digress) so I bet the decor looked awesome. :)

JerryVestal likes this.
  14. How thoughtful of you! What restaurant was it? :)

JerryVestal likes this.
  15. What a clear day! Not a cloud to be seen! :)

16. You two seem pretty on top of it, staying safe can be tough because it’s so easy to be careless. Isn’t it wild watching footage from the olden day’s before there were safety laws? :)

joe carbols and Ragazo Solo like this.
  17. grizzly
    Chat with Me

grizzly Well-Known Member

Well @RoxyGold my accomplishments are as follows

I did my first ever 5k and completed it with a time of 49.38

I also was moved off probationary status and granted full tenure as a correctional officer at the prison. My 1st Sgt. said in my review I am exceeding expectations.

RunningSquirrel and joe carbols like this.
  18. Proud of you, @grizzly! Not at all surprised though, you work VERY hard to improve all aspects of your life and it shows! :)

grizzly and joe carbols like this.
  19. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Way to go @grizzly on such a great accomplishment on the 5K. I am very proud of you.

More important congratulations on getting an OUTSTANDING review and off probation on your new career. Full tenure as an officer sounds great and I hope you enjoy this new aspect of your career

Keep up the great work. I hope you accomplish all of your goals. You’re off to a great start

grizzly likes this.
  20. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Great compliment @RoxyGold on the awesome news we heard from @grizzly. You are so much more than just another pretty face you are the total package!!

Ragazo Solo and grizzly like this.
  21. Ragazo Solo
    Chat with Me

The hard hat was invented by workers on the Hoover Dam construction. Lessons learned the hard way at the School of Hard Knocks (to the noggin haha)

22. RubyRae
    Chat with Me

RubyRae Well-Known Member

I actually posted on the boards AND created some new content! :) That’s definitely a win for me today!

23. Ragazo Solo
    Chat with Me

That was a really cool video. Thanks

24. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Great video @RoxyGold interesting that the window washer in slide 13 is wearing a tie and was using a Full Windsor Knot. Those knots were for business owners back then. Us working class fellows could only use a Half Windsor Knot

Oh how times have changed. I worked in a high rise in Cleveland and I saw window washers every month. I never saw one wearing a tie.

25. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Nice posts @RubyRae. I bet your excited that you are done with your grad studies and not have to go to school this fall.

What are you going to do with all of your free time???

RubyRae likes this.
  26. RubyRae
    Chat with Me

Got my car serviced and washed :) And now about to start getting ready for a date/appointment tonight!

27. RubyRae
    Chat with Me

I actually still have some things to finish up with my thesis. It’s a long process. I also am teaching this semester as I have done for about the past two years!

28. Ragazo Solo
    Chat with Me

As an avid car detailer i get excited about carwashes and also cringe at the thought of bad carwashes :)

RubyRae likes this.
  29. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Oh I hear ya @RubyRae on the process. Writing and researching for a thesis was a PITA for me as well when I earned my Executive MBA!!

Enjoy teaching. I’m sure you are an excellent teacher

RubyRae likes this.
  30. RubyRae
    Chat with Me

I wanted a full detail but they didn’t have time. Had to settle for a quick wash :/

ROADRUNNER J and joe carbols like this.
  31. RubyRae
    Chat with Me

Yes, it’s a lot more work than I expected. I have over 1000 pages of data :eek:

Thank you! I hope my students share the same sentiment! :D

ROADRUNNER J, joe carbols and renark like this.
  32. Ragazo Solo
    Chat with Me

Well heck, you oughta know that I would detail your car for ya

33. ShayRose
    Chat with Me

ShayRose Licensed Massage Therapist

I not only went for a mile walk/jog, I then came home and did my yoga! All before coming to the ranch this morning. :)

JerryVestal likes this.
  34. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Hi @RubyRae Have you been published yet??

I had a dear friend working on her PhD and her dissertation was difficult and at the end she had to change her dissertation and had to have an AntiThesis to get her degree. She spent 10 yrs trying to quantify her doctorate work. Went thru 4 advisors but she is now a tenured PhD at a college in the east coast.

Believe me when I tell you. I feel your pain. Also U am very proud of you getting your graduate degree. You’re young enough to get full value out of it.

Congratulations!!!

35. joe carbols
    Chat with Me

Wow. @RubyRae

FYI, I would never settle for a quickie with you. I have read too many fantastic reviews. I’m sure I would enjoy spending hours with you.

kmerrill, ROADRUNNER J and RubyRae like this.