I did a thing today! Share your daily achievements big and small!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoxyGold, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Jim DiGriz Well-Known Member

I like this thread (especially considering the riots across the country) and wanted to resurrect it - it gives hope and inspiration.

I hurt my leg badly last year and could barely walk, much less run. But the last 4 weeks I've jogged ~20 miles/week and the pounds have started to melt off!
    (Plus my clothes have started to fit right again - I'm healthier and a fashion example!)

JerryVestal likes this.
  2. Way to go! It’s such a great feeling when your clothes fit better, isn’t it? :)

JerryVestal and AlexaWu like this.
  3. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

AlexaWu Well-Known Member

walking 10K+ steps a day! Since stay at home, i've gained extra cushion for the pushin ;)

JerryVestal and TiredFrog like this.
  4. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

Good for you Miss Alexa Wu! I joined a local weight-lifting gym two weeks ago and have been working out there four days a week to lose weight.

AlexaWu likes this.
  5. AlexaWu
    Chat with Me

AlexaWu Well-Known Member

Keep up the good work! Feels good :cool:

JerryVestal likes this.
  6. I helped three of the gals over at Kit Kat file their unemployment claims. Took over four hours but we got it done! Yay!

JerryVestal likes this.
  7. Oh also, last week I sent a bouquet of flowers to the Lyon Count Sheriff Substation and told them that myself and all my friends support the police and "back the blue".

JerryVestal likes this.
  8. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

You're a fantastic Lady, Miss Air Force Amy! [smilie=be mine!.gif][smilie=i love you1.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif] I hope the covid-19 ban ends for you all really soon!

Air Force Amy likes this.
  9. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

And thank you for your service in the United States Air Force, Miss Air Force Amy! [smilie=be mine!.gif][smilie=i love you1.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

Air Force Amy likes this.
  10. I got up, went to work, and worked as hard as I could so I could enjoy this post
    and say what I want. This is for all the kids who got screwed by the Covid-19 government rules on the 4th,

JerryVestal and Lunch Buffett like this.
  11. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Last night My dad and I picked the row of green beans, we got a bushel and three pec baskets of them. After that my parents and I snapped them all. My parents ended up blanching them and freezer bagging them this morning (My ankles were still hurting form stooping down and picking the beans.), we ended up with seven gallon bags of them, should last us a few years.

12. Davefem
    Chat with Me

Davefem Active Member

I work today. Small.

I am staying sober. BIG

13. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

Each year my church and churches around the USA and England participate in the "Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child" program. It is by the Billy Graham Ministry Foundation started by Franklin Graham, Billy Graham's son. The Operation Christmas Child has been going on for thirty years now, donating boxes of Christmas gifts to impoverished children all over the world even here in the USA. This year I decided to do it, I'm donating gifts of toys, school items, personal care, and clothing to girls of 5-9 years of ages. Samaritan's Purse (the same one that donated the make shift hospitals and the help of doctors and nurses at no charge in New York during the Covid-19 pandemic) will ship you the shoe box and you just have to fill it and either give it to a church that does it or ship it to Samaritan's Purse in Boone, North Carolina. www.samaritanspurse.org You can select what age and gender of a child you want to help out and the website will provide a list of sample items to get and what not to get (such as toothpaste, lotions, and war toys. The kids in war-torn countries already have enough problems than being influenced with guns.) I did the young girls since it is easier with me since I have three young nieces around those ages of 5-9 years old. It's a lot like The Ranches' support for Toys for Tots, but this international and in the USA as well.

Davefem likes this.
  14. Arthur Dent
    Chat with Me

Arthur Dent Well-Known Member

I cooked myself some breakfast and made myself some coffee. I changed the sheets on my bed and the towels in my bathroom. I watched some drag racing and some football and some Antiques Roadshow. I made some nachos. And now I'm telling you all about it.