I did a thing today! Share your daily achievements big and small!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoxyGold, Jul 1, 2019.

1. mmm nothing better than a lot of data! well ok maybe a few things ;). Hope you're all prepared for class! I'm slacking this semester... classes start next week and I haven't prepped anything.

RubyRae likes this.
  2. randyryder
    Chat with Me

randyryder Pure heart with a dirty mind!

I used my new exercise ball.

-Pure heart with a dirty mind,
    Randy Ryder

JerryVestal likes this.
  3. RubyRae
    Chat with Me

RubyRae Well-Known Member

Haha, lots of things! Actually I love data, just hate the process of coding. I had to use a system I wasn’t familiar with so there was a learning curve, too.

Ha! I’m actually taking a getaway trip this weekend so I can get some of my prep done! :D Good luck!

JerryVestal likes this.
  4. RubyRae
    Chat with Me

Aww thank you! Hopefully we can talk about that and make it happen sometime soon!

5. RubyRae
    Chat with Me

My achievement for yesterday was working out! Abby Avery kicked my butt. I’m so sore today that I had to roll myself out of bed....a hilarious sight.

RunningSquirrel likes this.
  6. ROADRUNNER J
    Chat with Me

ROADRUNNER J Well-Known Member

Hang in there, Ruby! It will be over before you know it. :) As I told you, the nice thing about my Master's in Engineering was that it didn't require a thesis but an original project. Sort of apples and oranges compared to your M.A., but the bottom line is that it was all worth it in the end.

Ha, Ha, Ha! Oh and back in the 80's we didn't have computers or the internet yet. :eek: We used these ancient things called typewriters and calculators. GEEZ I'm old. :D Good thing you beautiful, young and extremely intelligent ladies keep me feeling young. :rolleyes:

PS: I assume you excel at teaching, much as you do at all of your other endeavors.

7. ROADRUNNER J
    Chat with Me

ROADRUNNER J Well-Known Member

As someone who has had the pleasure of having multiple adventures with @RubyRae , and an author of several "memories" of those adventures, you are correct in your assessment. :) Ruby is the ONLY lady that I currently guarantee an out date (at a minimum) when I visit. Nothing less will do as far as I'm concerned. :rolleyes:

8. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

TiredFrog Well-Known Member

50 mile bicycle ride today, almost have myself up to the level I want to be at to tackle my goal of a ride across northern Idaho next month!

9. Today I did a lot of adulting so I feel really accomplished. I love getting things crossed off my to-do list. Being an adult is hard work! LOL

10. Please post pics when you do! Idaho is so beautiful! :)

TiredFrog likes this.
  11. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

If I can figure out how to on here, I will! I think this is happening in two weeks

12. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

It was a gift card to Olive Garden, Miss Roxy Gold.

13. JerryVestal
    Chat with Me

JerryVestal Well-Known Member

Miss Roxy Gold, I know you said you switched from cigarettes to vape. With the warning on the news from the hospitals and the CDC about the vaping cases, I hope you are okay and maybe ask your doctor if you should switch back to cigarettes or maybe try puffing once in a while on cigars. I used to smoke like chimney stack several years back ( I stopped smoking four years ago) but now I puff a few times on a cigar one to two times a week. I still get the nice taste from the cigar, but not too often now, which is nice. Just worried about you and hope you still get you tobacco fix, just in a safe way. [smilie=i love you1.gif][smilie=hot over you.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif][smilie=heart fill with love.gif]

14. Yeah, darn these adult responsibilities, Miz Abby! lol ... but crossing things off the T-Do list (paying estimated taxes, fixing that gate to the backyard fence, getting labwork done---yeah, such thrills to share on the Bunny Board ) is another day closer to my Ranch run :)

AbbyAvery likes this.
  15. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

Leaving this morning to do what I've been training for the past several months, my 85 mile bicycle ride across northern Idaho. Fingers crossed for no rain!!

16. Beautiful area for a ride, TF! Have a great one!

TiredFrog likes this.
  17. TiredFrog
    Chat with Me

And its done! A bit stiff and sore but oh what a beautiful trip!!

18. Graduated physical therapy for my left knee!!!

19. Thought I would bring this thread back, since we could all use some support and praise right about now :)

20. Matty5
    Chat with Me

Matty5 Active Member

Today I practiced Social Distancing, got through a day of work and now am rewarding my hard work with a few Orange Crushes. IMG_2591.jpg
    IMG_2592.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexaWu and JerryVestal like this.
  21. isurfer
    Chat with Me

isurfer Well-Known Member

I filled out the Census questionnaire online, and it wasn't even close to the last minute request by April 1.

JerryVestal and RunningSquirrel like this.
  22. Did an hour on the stationary bike while watching another episode of a Canadian production of "War of the Worlds" on EPIX, texted my co-workers, and hung out a little bit on the Bunny Board and Twitter (hi, Miz @RoxyGold and Miz @SandiBenks )

JerryVestal likes this.
  23. Power&glory83
    Chat with Me

Power&glory83 Well-Known Member

Did my hour jog today, now I'm at work as usual. Might be doing a double shift tonight

24. Get those extra hours in, dude! :)

JerryVestal and Power&glory83 like this.
  25. HI!!!!! An hour on the bike, whoa! Go you! :)

26. Power&glory83
    Chat with Me

Yeh tonight at work theres only going to be 2 people and the supervisor guarding the arena so I'm hoping I can stay behind. I feel bad for people who are less fortunate, this whole lockdown is blown out of proportion

27. I touched base with a few old friends who I haven’t talked to in years :)

28. I got some good news today saying the I will be able to sail on a ship in a month. I am a merchant mariner. No crew changes for 30 days right now.

Ragazo Solo and JerryVestal like this.
  29. Power&glory83
    Chat with Me

Catching up with old friends is always great

JerryVestal likes this.
  30. Ragazo Solo
    Chat with Me

Ragazo Solo Well-Known Member

Turned down a mega pack of toilet paper haha.
    I work doing stuff for the community and 1 guy came up with a big pack of toilet paper and wanted to give it to me for doing a good job. I politely declined. Maybe he gave it to someone in need instead?

31. Old Nick
    Chat with Me

Old Nick Well-Known Member

I had a pretty successful Uber Eats day today.

32. I belong to neighborhood app and I read a post where a cat was found and a woman that had lost hers for the last three months claimed it but said she couldn't afford a Vet bill to get him checked out. I told her to take him to the Vet and I would help pay the bill.

I went to the Vet and put $150. towards her bill.

She took "Leroy" the cat to the Vet and found out it was a she instead of a "he" and it therefore, obviously was not her cat.

Nonetheless, she is keeping the cat and named her Loretta. The woman has a new cat. A lost cat has a home and has been cleared by the Vet as OK and I also agreed to be Loretta's God mother and pay all her Vet bills (within reason). :):):):):):)

33. A beautiful story with a happy ending! Best wishes for your neighbor and Loretta :)

34. Jim DiGriz
    Chat with Me

Jim DiGriz Well-Known Member

Years ago I filed my taxes on the due date with 3 hours to spare. Now I do them a couple of weeks early and this year I did them in March, which is very adult-like!

(Until I found that they're not due until July, which just makes it a case of overkill - meh.)

35. RebeccaBrite
    Chat with Me

RebeccaBrite Well-Known Member

I worked on an art project today, it is an art form called "Quilling". 20200402_142042.jpg